• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much pocket money to give wife ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how come the woman can come after all your money if you divorce and have no kids and she works herself??

what are the rules??

I have never understood this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
      how come the woman can come after all your money if you divorce and have no kids and she works herself??

what are the rules??

I have never understood this.
      I think the law is taking literally that part of the marriage service that says something like "with all my worldly goods I thee endow." In other words, everything either of you own belongs equally to both of you, from that day forward. My question is: why hold the parties to this promise as part of a legal procedure for saying that another promise doesn't matter any more, the promise to stay together until death?

Comment

Originally posted by Spike
        In answer to the question about who keeps joint accounts and who doesn't, I developed what I consider to be a very fair system for our joint finances;
        I recall I developed several very fair systems when I got married. They were only hypothetical, as she wasn't working yet, but I wanted us to agree ground rules for when she was. Or at least get acceptance that her cooking and cleaning were a contribution she owed rather than a favour she did if and when she felt like it. When I attempted to communicate my systems to my wife, she refused to participate in any such conversation. She pointed out that as she had moved in with me, and the mortgage and all the bills were in my name, leaving her with no obligations, the only result of such a conversation could be to leave her worse off, so why in the world did I she think she would be stupid enough to enter such a negotiation?

(Did I mention she qualified as a barrister?)

She's mellowed a little since then - three years ago, after seven years of marriage, she did start making a significant contribution. Even then, it was an arbitrary amount, determined by her with an eye on what she wanted to afford, and with hardly any reference to what our bills actually are. Still, it does work out at only a couple of hundred pounds a month less than I would have asked for. And if she does manage to get pregnant, I'll play her at her own game. My money is all tied up in the house, pension and investments that pay basic bills. So she's going to have to pay the whole cost of that project.

I've also told her I've stopped working so her savings can catch up with mine, so I won't lose out if we ever divorce. She laughed. She finds the idea of me trying to be as Machiavellian as her hilarious.

Comment

sounds like a blissfull arrangement
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I only have company accounts for 10 months.
            Anyone know a good provider that will touch me ?.

I have decided to give her some 70% of the equity . I cant be bothered looking 4 another property

The stupid thing is there is no way of knowing how much equity unless the property is sold.

Is there a way of finding out the closest sale value without actually selling the property ?. I dont trust estate agent valuation

ohh b4 i forget I am looking for a new girlfriend with no emmotional/drinking problems . honestly I am good looking , slim, got a decent brain, nice guy, .......

css

Comment

Get yourself out there then, all your going to pull on here is fat old balding guys(apart from myself and I'm straight).

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
              X