• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Singing the Anthem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Royal, not Loyal...
    Most Loyal, not Royal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Ma...United_Kingdom)

You fail your Immigration test, please surrender your visa on the way out.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

God refusing to save the Queen after Jeremy Corbyn didn’t ask nicely
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If I were Corbyn, I would probably have sung in the circumstances. This was, after all, a Battle of Britain memorial. Perhaps he would have preferred the German anthem? Many people still living flew in the BoB, or had friends who died in it, or family members. And as far as battles go, it was pretty justifiable, morally.

And what is so very wrong about singing the national anthem in a country where you live? Whatever country it is ? Nothing, that's what.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          And what is so very wrong about singing the national anthem in a country where you live? Whatever country it is ? Nothing, that's what.
          Everybody should refuse to sing God Save the Queen just because it's so dreary and awful. This is the country that gave the world The Beatles, can we really not come up with something that people might actually like to hear and sing?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Everybody should refuse to sing God Save the Queen just because it's so dreary and awful. This is the country that gave the world The Beatles, can we really not come up with something that people might actually like to hear and sing?
            Something by the spice girls?

Jerusalem? Or should that be saved for the English National Anthem? Why are the English and UK national anthems the same?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Most Loyal, not Royal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_Ma...United_Kingdom)

You fail your Immigration test, please surrender your visa on the way out.
              Bugger...

If I had to leave I'd have a lot more free time to post tulip on here...

Comment

Would the Queen sing The Red Flag at a Labour conference, assuming she was invited?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  You still singing in church?
                  WHS

I don't believe in God and when I have to go to a wedding or funeral, just stand there when the hymns kick in. No way am I saying something I don't believe.

If Corbyn doesn't believe in the Queen or the Armed Forces, good for him to standing there and saying nothing. Just means he'll only last in the job until Xmas.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Would the Queen sing The Red Flag at a Labour conference, assuming she was invited?
                    She would never go. Some of those people don't even wear a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      WHS

I don't believe in God and when I have to go to a wedding or funeral, just stand there when the hymns kick in. No way am I saying something I don't believe.

If Corbyn doesn't believe in the Queen or the Armed Forces, good for him to standing there and saying nothing. Just means he'll only last in the job until Xmas.
                      With that attitude I doubt you ever get invited.

Comment

Working...
                      X