• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geek Attack: What did you used to play?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Chuckie Egg ???

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      What about Chuckie Egg ???
      On the beeb - classic. As was Elite.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        I've never tried making hummus but you have inspired me to have a crack. I've just come back from hols in Portugal and had a crack at caldo verde last night after sampling some of this delicious soup. It was very nice and highly recomended.
        Any recipe that starts with

"First, drink some port - it helps you get in the mood!"

sounds good to me. I'll give that one a go.

Any good Portoguese wines while you were there that you could recommend?

Comment

I played it on an Acorn Electorn, along with Football Manager (best ever was the sounds it made when a goal was scored), Jet Set Willy, Pacman, and various other games whose names I have forgotten.

Comment

You used to be able to play Defender on the Beeb - that was good.

Tempest was another arcade game I liked.

Lunar Landing was cool (the old black and white vector wireframe gfx) with the big thrust burn lever.
            Last edited by hyperD; 5 October 2006, 16:20.

Comment

Anybody remember Zybex or Beachead???

Comment

I'm sadder than you contest.....

Advent (little bird, cage, maze of twisty little passageways all alike)
                and trek (Shall we ram him captain?)
                on an intel MDS 800 running under ISIS-II.

First job, 1979 BTW

Both still available in basic source out there in the ether....

Then 'HACK' in the eighties..

RS

Comment

Original D&D (a group of us started writing our own rules before the game ever got to the UK), AD&D, Space Opera and Traveller.

Ah - Attack ships burning off the Shoulder of Orion - those were the days
                  Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Any recipe that starts with

"First, drink some port - it helps you get in the mood!"

sounds good to me. I'll give that one a go.

Any good Portoguese wines while you were there that you could recommend?
                    We used to have a cocktail recipe book with one in it called "The Governor of Jamaica's Cocktail" - the recipe starts, "First empty and clean your fish-pond......" All measures are in hogsheads.

Now that's what I call a party!
                    Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Blimey...all this talk of "nostalgic gaming sessions"...

Some of us still play you know. Almost every week as well.

Started D&D when I was 14, and still playing weekly 24 years later. With almost the same people, with a few new additions (like the Missus).

In that time, I think I've played and DM'ed most systems. Particular favourites being CoC, Shadowrun, D&D (all versions), WFRP, Judge Dredd, In Nomine.

We're currently campaigning in Shadowrun, and next year we will revert back to D&D D20 Eberron.

But the lure of World of Warcraft is a hard one to resist...so far so good though.

Honestly....lightweights the lot of you !
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X