• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geek Attack: What did you used to play?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's still up and running...

http://mud.arctic.org

Comment

AD&D for me. Call of Cthuhlu for a bit but that was freaky. Star Wars RPG breifly.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I have seen the film Dungeons and Dragons. I thought it was based on a comic book?

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
          I have seen the film Dungeons and Dragons. I thought it was based on a comic book?
          I thought it was based on a steaming turd to be honest. The sequel film was much better though.

It just seems amazing how much time you had back in those carefree years. It was Traveller on Tuesday, Champions on Thursday and D&D on Sunday and probably one or two other impromptu sessions. Down the pub most nights, playing footie and cricket, all sorts. Now Mrs Lucifer looks crossly at me if I even think about opening a book in her presence.

Comment

Know what you mean LB. I'm sitting here working the dogs proverbials off with Mrs hyperD in the next room and I've just sent her an email asking for a cup of coffee.

Strangely enough it arrived poured over my head...

Comment

I hope it was organic single estate hand-picked and hand roasted Ethiopian arabica, hyperD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                I hope it was organic single estate hand-picked and hand roasted Ethiopian arabica, hyperD.
                Of course LB!

Incidently, made some homemade hummus the other day - organic chick peas soaked in filtered water, tahini, raw garlic, lemon juice, salt, water and a touch of Hungarian paprika.... pretty decent stuff.

Needed to add surprisingly a larger amount of water than I first thought as the chickpeas are like nature's kitchen towels.

Comment

I've never tried making hummus but you have inspired me to have a crack. I've just come back from hols in Portugal and had a crack at caldo verde last night after sampling some of this delicious soup. It was very nice and highly recomended.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I'm too old to have ever done any of that.

Did play a tanks game on a machine in a pub in about 1978 though.

Don't suppose that counts.

Battlezone, a classic
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm with Churchill - Elite for me too. I started on a BBC model B and graduated to the 286 version.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X