• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration or humanitarian crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    HTML Code:
    [HTML]
    [/HTML]

Really heart breaking. Makes you realise how fortunate you are to live in dignity and respect. Also shows you how desperate the families must be.
    It may seem inappropriate but when I read things like Cherie Blair lobbied the US secretary of state on behalf of the crown prince of Qatar, writing: “As you know I have good links to the Qataris.” it makes me spit nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      This ^

The bleedin hearts in this country are encouraging them to try their luck..

The Turkish Army could wipe out ISIS in a few weeks if it wanted. Someone lean on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Armed_Forces
      The Turkish Armed Forces collectively rank as the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the U.S. Armed Forces, with an estimated strength of 495,000 military personnel.
      Is this a piece of your brain? ----------------->>>>>>>>> .

Comment

It is very heart breaking etc, but the logical person in me is extremely cautious to approach this. How would you know if some refugees entering EU are not ISIS and are infiltrating with those really in need of help?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Is this a piece of your brain? ----------------->>>>>>>>> .
          Pretty sure it's desperate people trying to escape war/terror/regime change funded by, well us really.

Comment

I suggest that for every immigrant from the boat each country would put a politician back onto the boat to balance things out.

Comment

Pretty sure it's desperate people trying to escape war/terror/regime change funded by, well us really.
              I quoted my own quote by mistake there!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Something is chasing these migrants/refugees out of their own countries - what are we going to do when whoever is chasing them follows them into Europe?

We're screwed, it's just a matter of time.
                They already have.

There are people here in the UK who claimed asylum due to being raped and/or severely abused.

Unfortunately their perpetrators also have managed to lie convincingly and get asylum in the UK.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They already have.

There are people here in the UK who claimed asylum due to being raped and/or severely abused.

Unfortunately their perpetrators also have managed to lie convincingly and get asylum in the UK.....
                  Links?

Comment

Merkel is the second (in)famous German in the last 100 years to have screwed up lives of people in Europe.

Glad to see that her dictatorial terms are making her fall flat on her face into cow dung.

Summarizes the situation:

Comment

Links?
                      I'm not sure if you can hack into my account or not so I sent you a PM.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X