• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration or humanitarian crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order to claim asylum in the UK you can only do this by being on British soil, effectively making the majority of asylum seekers illegal aliens as they didn't enter the country legally so one way to sort out those that have a right to asylum would be for the British authorities to process them in the camp. In fact there are quite a few in the camp who have actually claimed asylum in France and have been told to stay in the camp until their claim has been processed (this little fact probably not reported in the right wing press)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      In order to claim asylum in the UK you can only do this by being on British soil, effectively making the majority of asylum seekers illegal aliens as they didn't enter the country legally so one way to sort out those that have a right to asylum would be for the British authorities to process them in the camp. In fact there are quite a few in the camp who have actually claimed asylum in France and have been told to stay in the camp until their claim has been processed (this little fact probably not reported in the right wing press)
      The Dublin Agreement says asylum must be claimed in the first safe EU country the migrant lands in, which let's face it is generally unlikely to be the UK. It's totally unfair on the EU states nearest to the source of the crises.

Comment

If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

HTML Code:
          [HTML]
          [/HTML]Really heart breaking. Makes you realise how fortunate you are to live in dignity and respect. Also shows you how desperate the families must be.

Comment

Oh look over there in my neighbours garden, he's got a big wasps nest in that tree. I'll think I'll chuck rocks it at from here, safe in the knowledge I'm not going to get stung.

Ho ho ho. Look at that, they're pretty angry aren't they. Buzzing around. Ho ho ho, they've stung him and his wife, LOL.

Oh hang on, some of the little feckers have come over my fence into my garden. Oi! You can't do that! Oi buzz off.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Another boatload unloads in Greece.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO52y78r8As
              Ticket to Germany please !

Comment

Fuuk, fuuk, fuuk, fuuk, fuuk......

This has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Oh look over there in my neighbours garden, he's got a big wasps nest in that tree. I'll think I'll chuck rocks it at from here, safe in the knowledge I'm not going to get stung.

Ho ho ho. Look at that, they're pretty angry aren't they. Buzzing around. Ho ho ho, they've stung him and his wife, LOL.

Oh hang on, some of the little feckers have come over my fence into my garden. Oi! You can't do that! Oi buzz off.
                  Spoken like a true racist

Comment

It is a very sad situation and the pics of that little boy washed ashore is heart breaking. fecking onions

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      the point the article is making is that we are encouraging the migrants by allowing them in.

If we said no entry, stay in Jordan which is a safe place and we will help you there! Then there wouldn't be dead kids in lifeboats.

I think he has a good point.
                      This ^

The bleedin hearts in this country are encouraging them to try their luck..

The Turkish Army could wipe out ISIS in a few weeks if it wanted. Someone lean on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Armed_Forces
                      The Turkish Armed Forces collectively rank as the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the U.S. Armed Forces, with an estimated strength of 495,000 military personnel.

Comment

Working...
                      X