• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration or humanitarian crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Be careful. They're not all cuddly refugees deserving of our sympathy.

There are some violent people in those encampments - the traffickaers as well as, no doubt, some of the migrants themselves.

There are a number of stories of the actions of well meaning people ending in tears over the years.

Besides, you'll probably not get past Operation Stack

Thanks for the warning, we will go in an organised group, we will take your warning into consideration

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      A small group of us are planning to drive down to Calais in the first few days of Oct, we will take supplies to the refugees, also donations, anyone interested in driving with us, or just donating (either money or supplies) please PM me.
      So far we have 2 cars and one van, lots and lots of people interested in helping and donating, if you have a car and would like to come that would be greatly appreciated.
      They aren't refugees, they're migrants.

If they were refugees fleeing terror they would have claimed asylum in France, or whichever safe country they landed in.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        It really breaks my heart seeing what these children are going through. Frustrating that I cannot do anything about it. I really wish I could. Its time for people to stop being selfish and look after your own interests and be a bit humane about it. Those children are in that position due to no fault and dont deserve to die like that.
        there is lot you can do, first stop encouraging them to come to Europe by dangerous routes. How do you think we do that?

Next make sure they have a safe place near their home country so they can go back & rebuild when the fighting stops.

Its a world problem, we need to sort it as a world. We need the people of the world to demand its sorted.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          They aren't refugees, they're migrants.

If they were refugees fleeing terror they would have claimed asylum in France, or whichever safe country they landed in.
          ^This

I'd go a step further and call those young men as traitors for not staying behind and fighting for their country.

Comment

A small group of us are planning to drive down to Calais in the first few days of Oct, we will take supplies to the refugees, also donations, anyone interested in driving with us, or just donating (either money or supplies) please PM me.
            So far we have 2 cars and one van, lots and lots of people interested in helping and donating, if you have a car and would like to come that would be greatly appreciated.
            Why don't you start with those thousands of homeless people within the UK?

Comment

Thanks for the warning, we will go in an organised group, we will take your warning into consideration
              Make sure you check your boot before you head back...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                there is lot you can do, first stop encouraging them to come to Europe by dangerous routes. How do you think we do that?
                By stuffing a load of tripe in to Merkel's mouth so that she won't make statements like 'We will provide asylum to 800,000 people this year' ?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Make sure you check your boot before you head back...
                  It could be filled with loads of cheap wine from France and supplies MF asked for!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    ^This

I'd go a step further and call those young men as traitors for not staying behind and fighting for their country.
                    Harsh, but I like the cut of your jib.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      We need the people of the world to demand its sorted.
                      People of the world!

We need a huge benefit concert with a global audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X