• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip-off main dealer Porsche servicing costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'd like to strip Amanda Holden down and give her a good service
    I know you are stuck in the 1970s and women are just objects. But these days you have to consider them as people. At least when posting publicly.

HTH

PS I would like to spend time with Amanda Holden getting to know her personality before spending hours finding out what floats her boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I know you are stuck in the 1970s and women are just objects. But these days you have to consider them as people. At least when posting publicly.

HTH

PS I would like to spend time with Amanda Holden getting to know her personality before spending hours finding out what floats her boat.
      So you'd spend hours to find that vetran's already floated it? How odd.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

HTH

Brillo is right, vetran is a right sexist pig who should go to the corner now!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          So you'd spend hours to find that vetran's already floated it? How odd.
          Whilew CUK is being beaten up by the CUK feminist mob I will be tuning into radio venus. oppps - showing my true colours there....

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Brillo is right, vetran is a right sexist pig who should go to the corner now!
          For Battersea dogs and cats home. Is she a dog or a kitten?

Comment

For Battersea dogs and cats home. Is she a dog or a kitten?
            A tiger darlink!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mechaphilia - the sexual attraction to objects and mechanical equipment

Must be a few on here who have this?

I wonder what their wives think?
              Dunno, but I reckon it is a condition that afflict quite a lot of women....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Car is cheaper and you don't have to lie saying you love it - if you drive it then you love it!

Plus when man divorces his sports car he gets some money back.

Get sports cars - not wifes!

HTH
                My last new 911, a 12 plate 991 Carrera Cab was pretty cheap to service - Long life service at 20k was about £450 IIRC which wasn't too much of a shock. Coupled with subsidised Porsche branded insurance (less than £300 fully comp for an almost 80k car is amazing), the running costs were a lot less than other cars I've had.

The previous new one before that, a 10 plate 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S Cab was more expensive but mainly due to the fact I ran it up to nearly 40k so that covered a new set of tyres and a warranty extension after it was 2 years old. on the 991's they increased the warranty to 3 years.

My other 911 at the time I had both these, a 993 Coupe was serviced at an independent garage - I used to use the main dealer until realising there was only one mechanic working for them trained up on the older air cooled cars so it was a bit of a worry for reasons I wont go into - the mechanics at the indie were ex-Porsche trained anyway and had set up in business on their own.

Factor in the fact you get sent on a good few driver days at the Porsche Experience Centre while purchasing and owning them (from new), get to go the new model launches with great hospitality and its good fun.

You'd never walk into a dealer to buy a new one, you'd need a broker to work on the deal for you - there are so few dealers they will go to surprising lengths to make a sale, and the good brokers have contacts at specific dealers so they will be able to negotiate better deals than any punter off the street. I got some good discounts on both the new ones.

Comment

Working...
                X