• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Things looking up...

Interview next week, local, decent rate... everything crossed
    Good show. Here's hoping for you bud.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Aaaaaand still not heard back. "Feedback by the end of the week" is either very very literal, or they have no intention of delivering on their promises.

This is starting to become worryingly common practice these days.

Comment

Just heard back from the manager who was very apologetic and embarrassed about what she did. Apparently she raised my PO against the wrong cost center. The owner of the CC tuliped on her this morning and that was how she knew it

She re-raised the PO on the new CC this morning and it is now in the queue for approvals

This means I will probably not start work on Monday. And that means I will not be travelling on Sunday. And hence I can watch all rugby matches over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Aaaaaand still not heard back. "Feedback by the end of the week" is either very very literal, or they have no intention of delivering on their promises.

This is starting to become worryingly common practice these days.
          What do you mean "these days" ?

I'd personally forget the contract and move on. If there ever was a real gig and if the client is efficient enough, they would have made a decision by now.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            What do you mean "these days" ?

I'd personally forget the contract and move on. If there ever was a real gig and if the client is efficient enough, they would have made a decision by now.
            I think you're right. The agent says he has done a lot of business with this hiring manager and it is highly unusual not to get feedback in the agreed timeframe. Indeed he has tried to contact other members of the team apparently.

It's all rather odd, particularly unpleasant and highly unprofessional.

I unclog my nose in their general direction.

Comment

The agent says
              That is where it should ideally end.

It seems to be the norm these days. Guess we as contractors should baseline it and have conversations with agents keeping that in mind

Comment

Cold morning.

Sunny.

Bored. Need some action.

Expecting a message from the PM today about the status of contract. Desperate for some action as I'm bored to death at home.

Trip to the Dry cleaners in some time. Found some stains on my Hugo Boss suit jacket

Ho-fecking-hum

Comment

Cold morning.

Sunny.

Bored. Need some action.

Expecting a message from the PM today about the status of contract. Desperate for some action as I'm bored to death at home.

Trip to the Dry cleaners in some time. Found some stains on my Hugo Boss suit jacket

Ho-fecking-hum
                  Hope it comes through for you bud.

Called the pimp about the gig I am still waiting for feedback on. He is mysteriously on a lengthy conference call.

Comment

Interview Tuesday and also moving house. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Just heard back from the manager who was very apologetic and embarrassed about what she did. Apparently she raised my PO against the wrong cost center. The owner of the CC tuliped on her this morning and that was how she knew it

She re-raised the PO on the new CC this morning and it is now in the queue for approvals

This means I will probably not start work on Monday. And that means I will not be travelling on Sunday. And hence I can watch all rugby matches over the weekend
                      I think you're right. The agent says he has done a lot of business with this hiring manager and it is highly unusual not to get feedback in the agreed timeframe. Indeed he has tried to contact other members of the team apparently.

I unclog my nose in their general direction.
                      You're like the cretin version of Waiting for Godot.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X