• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of the market?

Getting a lot of calls for roles that "might start" in 3-4 weeks. Waiting for a decision for a role in the midlands, where they want to hire me but don't have the green light from the customer to kick the project off.

Seems like a slow wake up from August, with the market completely hamstrung as nobody is committing to spending.

Are other benchees finding the same?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Are other benchees finding the same?
      Bristol seems to be booming judging by the amount of calls I've been getting. Only just updated my online profiles so I guess this is just an initial surge though.

Comment

Love the tags on this thread
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Another step closer to being boomed. Got the relevant pre-contract paper work from the agency yesterday.

Who wants to be the chairman of this esteemed club?

Comment

Well FLC did you get the gig?
            Yes, I'd like to think so. Agency called me last week when I was sat with my balls basking under the sun and he sent out the pre-contract paper work y'day.

I chose to stay away from email and internet for 10 days and I am still alive

Comment

My gig has been a rip-roaring success sadly, hence I am out the door on Friday.

I preferred it when projects went wrong - excitement, chaos, shooting from the hip, adrenaline, extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                My gig has been a rip-roaring success sadly, hence I am out the door on Friday.

I preferred it when projects went wrong - excitement, chaos, shooting from the hip, adrenaline, extensions.
                Welcome to the club

Which role on this club would you prefer? We are looking for a Stripper

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Yes, I'd like to think so. Agency called me last week when I was sat with my balls basking under the sun and he sent out the pre-contract paper work y'day.

I chose to stay away from email and internet for 10 days and I am still alive
                  Lot to be said for that. Welcome back

Comment

Apparently that bunch in the Midlands are supposed to be having a meeting today to decide if there really is a role, to support the 2 interviews they have made me drive up for on 2 separate occasions.

I am expecting a call from the agent with news.

15:43 and counting. Not much of today left.

Comment

I am expecting a call from the agent with news.
                      Has the paint on the kitchen ceiling dried yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X