• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official CUK bench - Late Summer 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    How does the wife reward you after a day's work?
    Well tonight we're having a chiminea, roasting some marshmallows and I shall be sipping fizzy non alcoholic wine while the wife has some Rose.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Well tonight we're having a chiminea, roasting some marshmallows and I shall be sipping fizzy non alcoholic wine while the wife has some Rose.

What's wrong with you? Given up on alkie?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        What's wrong with you? Given up on alkie?
        For a bit, yes. It's a depressant.

Plus if I have a drink I'll want a fag. So best lay off for a wee while.

Comment

Well FLC did you get the gig?

2nd interview tomorrow with the mob in the Midlands that can't make a decision.

Had a call this morning with CVAndInterviewAdvisors, who are going to rewrite my CV. Very impressed with them so far.

Comment

Pimp : I have secured you a 2nd interview slot with the client in the Midlands. They promise to give a decision in 2 days for this developer role.

<Poodle up there this morning>

ClientCo: Welcome for his informal chat. We really don't have a role right now but might do in the coming months.
            Suity : <Grimace> OK sure how can I help?

<Poodling home>

Pimp : How did the interview go?
            Suity : They said it wasn't a second interview, but an informal chat and there isn't a role.

Pimp : I'm surprised at that.
            Suity : I'm not. I told you they were a bunch of timewasters and you are flogging a dead horse.

I just love being pricked about. Really I do.

Comment

Pimp : I have secured you a 2nd interview slot with the client in the Midlands. They promise to give a decision in 2 days for this developer role.

ClientCo: Welcome for his informal chat. We really don't have a role right now but might do in the coming months.

<Poodling home>

Suity : They said it wasn't a second interview, but an informal chat and there isn't a role.

Suity : I'm not. I told you they were a bunch of timewasters and you are flogging a dead horse.

But you can claim the business miles as an expense, and you didn't have to paint any walls

Comment

<Poodling home>

So you're up again next week then. Yes?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Today's excitement:

Got up, checked cwjobs email - nothing suitable

Had breakfast

No calls

Went out to watch Battle of Britain flypast from a field near Goodwood - fantastic sight, bit emotional

No calls

Home for tea.

Settling down to watch flypast coverage on ch4 later
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Had a call from a pimp this morning so there is signs of life.

He didn't have a gig mind, just checking if I was looking and what my day rate was. A "health check" if you will.

Still it's some activity.

Market does look eerily quiet for this time of year though (in the code monkey space).

Comment

Contract ends next week, not even looked at the market, but then again even a "boom time" for my skill set is only one or two real jobs a week on the boards (not including the 5 or 6 pimps flogging the same job)
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X