• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No work in August. This is normal, right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an interview yesterday, one today, one tomorrow and one next week and I'm not even benched (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Had an interview yesterday, one today, one tomorrow and one next week and I'm not even benched (yet)
      Turning tricks down the docks eh?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Another department wants me apparently.

I thought I would escape swindon

but it gives me money
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by lancerkris View Post
          Been contracting for a few years now, but this is the first time i've had a contract end during July.
          I've found that on the work front things have literally just fallen off a cliff.
          This is normal right? guessing it's because managers/recruiters etc are all on holiday.

Thanks!
          Definitely seems to have got quieter. Been back here, eh...lets just say a number of weeks, and as it hit August the number of positions which aren't simply duplicates (same role, different agency) on my side has definitely dropped. Still managed a couple of interviews though, but let down my side by stupid mistakes during the inevitable "I'm smarter than you" tech quiz...

Not as bad as Belgium though, where you can forget almost anything happening in July/August...which is great if you have work, as all the wackos are off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by lancerkris View Post
            Been contracting for a few years now, but this is the first time i've had a contract end during July.
            I've found that on the work front things have literally just fallen off a cliff.
            This is normal right? guessing it's because managers/recruiters etc are all on holiday.

Thanks!
            Yes, it's the calm before the storm. Give it a week or two and you'll be fighting them off with a stick!
            Just had a call back from one I applied for two weeks ago. Agent says "the manager's back from holiday now and wants to interview you early next week"

Feeding frenzy begins I think..

Comment

Checking my pimpmail inbox, I find that from the start of August up to today I've had almost exactly half as many emails as I had in each of the same periods of both June and July. So yes, looks like quite a slowdown this month. I daresay it'll pick up again after the Bank Holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Checking my pimpmail inbox, I find that from the start of August up to today I've had almost exactly half as many emails as I had in each of the same periods of both June and July. So yes, looks like quite a slowdown this month. I daresay it'll pick up again after the Bank Holiday.
                It's the NickFitz Pimpmail Index

NFPI for short
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X