• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving gift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Are ye feckin' Oirish or summat?
    Erm, Yes I am
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I like that, nice touch.
      Although on big job which I worked with Eek on they gave me a bottle as a leaving gift!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Krispie Kreme doughnuts for the plebs, bottle of Whiskey for the Programme Manager
        Which he puts in his drawer and just as you leave you put a call in to site security about a member of staff having alcohol on site. Walk to your car whistling as the security scream past responding to a call they just had..

Like your style.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Although on big job which I worked with Eek on they gave me a bottle as a leaving gift!
          With something in it?

Comment

I always put all the stuff I have nicked back in the stationary cupboard. The look on the secretaries face when she realises she doesn't have to reorder for at least three months is the best gift I could give anyone.

excepts Sam in accounts. I'd give her one
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              With something in it?
              18 year old single malt scotch, better than nothing I guess

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I buy chocolates. Then inject laxative into them.
                And then eat them your self

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                  So do you guys give a thank you gift on the last day of your contract?
                  Rather than buy a whole load of treats on the last day, I have found it much more effective to bring stuff in on a regular basis (weekly, biweekly, monthly, whatever...) for the project team. More people will notice when you're gone.

Comment

Cool stuff, thanks for the advice - I shall buy two kit-kats, as there are 8 people on the team. That should be sufficient.

Half a finger each, since they'll be 2 finger ones, appropriate as that's also what the company will get as I walk out of the door backwards, stopping only to wee into the ornamental fountain.

I'll just get them a box of krispy kreme
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                      I'll just get them a box of krispy kreme
                      Not the big box, I hope....

Comment

Working...
                      X