• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Corbyn receives Unison's backing for Labour leadership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I'll be renewing my Labour Party membership, expired yonks ago, to vote for him.

He's a dreamer, so am I, maybe time for a dreamer instead of this fuk you politics we have at the moment.

Be excellent to one-another.....
    Me too.

Comment

Teachers house before Thatcher

Teacher house during Thatcher

Teachers house today

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 30 July 2015, 10:34.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Gideon daren't touch the pensioners since they all vote Tory while the young rarely do, so he has a mandate from his party to shaft them. As others have said we could be going the way of the SNP here and I never thought I would say this but it may not be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Gideon daren't touch the pensioners since they all vote Tory while the young rarely do, so he has a mandate from his party to shaft them. As others have said we could be going the way of the SNP here and I never thought I would say this but it may not be a bad thing.
          You think so? I am hoping better deal for pensioners as I really want to retire early

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
            You think so? I am hoping better deal for pensioners as I really want to retire early
            I think he meant the young will get shafted, not the pensioners.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Teachers house before Thatcher

Teacher house during Thatcher

Teachers house today

So true actually, I knew teachers in the 80's (actually early Thatcher) who lived in detached houses in south of England, and I know newly qualified teachers in London now who can barely afford a bedsit.

Comment

So true actually, I knew teachers in the 80's (actually early Thatcher) who lived in detached houses in south of England, and I know newly qualified teachers in London now who can barely afford a bedsit.
                That's hardly exclusive to teachers.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

When you consider that in some parts of East and South London property has gone up by over 400% over the last 20 years, it's no surprise that not only teachers, but most public sector workers can barely afford anything worthwhile these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Hence lots of New New Labour supporters are joining...
                    FTFY
                    Last edited by AtW; 30 July 2015, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
                      I've never understood why he choose a lesbian haircut, it does just make him look weird
                      Better appeal to women?

It's all calculated no doubt by multiple focus groups.

Comment

Working...
                      X