• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ukwindowshostasp.net- Website has Died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Nah, with the new additions to the "story" the whole thing stinks of a return to the habit of writing complete fiction by the reincarnation of Gittins, Poco, Gricer etc.
    Doesn't have the Gricer feel (odd comedy value).

Then again isn't everything on CUK made up anyway?

Comment

Nah, with the new additions to the "story" the whole thing stinks of a return to the habit of writing complete fiction by the reincarnation of Gittins, Poco, Gricer etc.

OK, go and check out my nonexistent homepage then:

home page

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Doesn't have the Gricer feel (odd comedy value).

Then again isn't everything on CUK made up anyway?
        Would that this were made up. Seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          OK, go and check out my nonexistent homepage then:

home page
          Oh that's convincing, I expect that 90% of the code monkeys that post on CUK have immediate access to some web host like that and the other 10% could probably arrange it in an afternoon. As a mere PM I could probably organise it in a day or so.

As with the numerous other sockies you've had and probably have many more of your credibility is only diminished by this type of thread.

Comment

Oh that's convincing, I expect that 90% of the code monkeys that post on CUK have immediate access to some web host like that and the other 10% could probably arrange it in an afternoon. As a mere PM I could probably organise it in a day or so.

As with the numerous other sockies you've had and probably have many more of your credibility is only diminished by this type of thread.
            On the one hand I feel I should follow this through to prove the veracity of my story, on the other I feel it much more appropriate to issue my humble curse.

May your sh!t come to life and kiss you.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              So they have been hacked or has some numpty in the org ran rm -f on the wrong box?
              an intruder has penetrated into our server, deleting all the files on the server and the files on our backup system too. This truly creates a complex and sophisticated task for us to restore the files.

We do always keep and run the nightly backup of all our system and customer files separately, but somehow, the intruder knows our system very well and manage to delete all the files on the backup system too, leaving us with completely nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                an intruder has penetrated into our server, deleting all the files on the server and the files on our backup system too. This truly creates a complex and sophisticated task for us to restore the files.

We do always keep and run the nightly backup of all our system and customer files separately, but somehow, the intruder knows our system very well and manage to delete all the files on the backup system too, leaving us with completely nothing
                Or they are completed tards, I know which scenario I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X