• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The first thing my first boss said to me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you need some help. http://www.the****itlife.com/index.htm

Comment

hey suity.

pma. get some pma

Positive Mental Attitude.

it's a bit like leadership. some are born with it, but it IS possible to learn and train
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        That's because you always have verbal diarrhoea.
        Or you fail to understand me.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Suity, you are very much of the "I have never caused a road accident, but I've seen hundreds in my rear view mirror...."

I'm pondering this. Not dismissed out of hand, but pondering. I will get back to you.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        There are a number of possible explanations:

1) You're damned unlucky and have worked mostly with people that treat everyone like that.

2) There's something about you that makes ordinarily decent people treat you like that.

3) Your perception of how they treat you doesn't match the reality.

How do these people treat your colleagues? How do those colleagues perceive that they are treated?

(Or, especially for TykeMerc: 4) It's made up bollocks and you're a fantasist and a liar )
        Quite a bit of 1. I think a hefty pinch of 2. Now I think back, all the gigs where it's got nasty have been working with cowboys who ride into town, try and do a half arsed job and I gently push back and try and bring some quality / formality. I've never been very good at being sloppy, or "good enough is enough". My perfectionism is perhaps just north of sane.

Then again the one time I ran a project, and I mean ran it, I had quite a sizeable team, geographically distributed, we delivered on time and on budget. The CTO called me in his office after a week of go-live to congratulate me that this was the first go-live in living memory when he didn't get at least 1 email complaining. It was, genuinely a very well run project. Because I ran it.

I'm actually quite bright, and have an uncanny knack of seeing things way before others do. I get really frustrated when I'm shouting "iceberg" while others are just shuffling the deckchairs.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        (3) He has a victim complex. What you could say to 99% of people in a meeting/discussion, Suity would take it another way. It goes further than just an inferiority complex, because in Suity's case he takes it as everyone is out to get him.

Quite tedious really.
        Again not dismissing this out of hand. Pondering.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          That's because you always have verbal diarrhoea.
          Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Or you fail to understand me.
          You could be both right...

Comment

Setup a crowdfunding page and we will chip-in to pay for professional help (Getting Help).

Then, when you are fixed, we can collect 15% of your earnings for life as payback.

Win-win.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Setup a crowdfunding page and we will chip-in to pay for professional help (Getting Help).

Then, when you are fixed, we can collect 15% of your earnings for life as payback.

Win-win.

Can it get wrapped into ISA?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Can it get wrapped into ISA?
                Now you think like a true capitalist Comrade.

Comment

'Hey, rosy cheeks. Can you touch your toes ?'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

'Hey, rosy cheeks. Can you touch your toes ?'

Who's in the barrel?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      ... and I'll never forget it. "Never tulip on people on the way up, as you may just need them again on the way back down".
                      Of course, for any of that advice to have relevance and be put properly to the test, it may require you actually rising up the job ladder. Hardly a very likely contingency when you continually insist upon flatlining along the skidpan of corporate mediocrity.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X