• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After Osbourne's attack on IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 pages of disagreement and not a single ban. Either the mods are slacking or CUK is not what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      I suppose I could go through and dig out your many leaving for good posts, but in truth I'd rather not. There's more than a few who saw your homophobic hate post that led to your last exit post.

As I said serial liar.
      If you choose to read homophobia into two disconnected statements, then please do it in the privacy of your own feeble mind.

I for one do not wish to be labelled such, and would ask you to cease and desist immediately.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Possibly on the basis that tax is not a purchase price, so what you pay is not related to what you get personally.
        But I never even introduced that as a concept in the bits you quoted. The closer it functioned to a purchase price, the better it would be, though.
        Last edited by Zero Liability; 15 July 2015, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          With stuff like bus passes, is it not the case that it would cost too much to manage the means testing, and it's cheaper just to give all eligible people the bus pass?
          You want a bus pass - ok give me your driving licence.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            7 pages of disagreement and not a single ban. Either the mods are slacking or CUK is not what it used to be.

The mods are not what they used to be. I pine for Scotspine.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Great stuff, once you have paid your education costs, saved the massive deposit for a house, and paid the tab for your parents credit card binge, you can pay your own sick pay, from your magic bean savings.
              I guess they'll have to call it "National Insurance Insurance"
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Lets be fair. They printed loads more money then kept it to themselves. Except for paying their cleaners.

Not quite the same as taking other people's money.

Actually, indirectly their policies led to commodity shortages and so massive food inflation so maybe you are right...
                They did it with the blessings and active encouragement of the political class, as it's a subtle way of goosing GDP via credit expansion and also because they keep govt debt cheap by exercising demand for it via OMO and similar conduits.

Comment

It's good to see everyone banding together and facing the common enemy.....

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    With stuff like bus passes, is it not the case that it would cost too much to manage the means testing, and it's cheaper just to give all eligible people the bus pass?
                    Probably considerably more expensive financially as well as politically to do the means testing.

Comment

If the alternative is to go permie then I'll stick with what I have thanks. Don't we get some of this back from the higher tax band being raised and corporation tax being reduced (eventually) anyway? Also if I went back to permie I wouldn't be able to profit from the flat rate of VAT, nor would I be able to fund my little work related gadget addiction tax free as I do now.

Way too many positives for me to consider any alternatives.. unless of course Labour get in at the next election and decide to hike Corportation tax and lower the tax bands again.

Comment

Working...
                      X