• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Summer 2015 Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm sure we have the finest minds on here.....Did anyone understand that divvie thing?
    I think you get 5000 tax free then after that they are taxed according to your income tax band? Ie -

>£5000 - 7.5% up till 40% income tax rate then 32.5% and 38.1%

So no more 0% up till 40% tax rate.

[disclaimer]I may have misunderstood[/disclaimer]
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This feels like a fairly substantial budget.

We'll have to see the impact over the next couple of weeks when the real details are announced.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        Nope ... but you can bet you wont be paying less tax.
        Did he say what the levels are for the 7.5% etc.?

How would this then work with Income tax, would this mean we are no longer limited by the usual 40% on income and in future only pay 38.1% on any dividends above £42k income?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          You're reappearance, divine as it is, has not lessened the sting of this budget Heck of a lot to work out here.
          Indeed. When IR35 was first announced it was all so simple. You could not go from permie to contractor in the same company.

This dividend thing could get very messy.

Question is, for those of us taking salary and dividends, how much extra will we pay?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            WTF!

She lives!
            Missed you too Pondy
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/statu...55379191808000

My guess is we are in the 15%

Comment

Originally posted by electronicfur View Post
                What are the bands for those rates? I didn't catch it. And will they also then be taxed additionally with income tax?
                Quick and dirty calculation (lots of assumptions about how it will work).

If you took 8060 (for simplicity) and then the rest of the lower band in divs (34325) you take home being

42385. It would cost zero in income tax as the salary is below the tax free allowance and the rest is already paid for by the company tax / div tax credit.

Total gross in the LTD needed to distribute this much. 49250.

Same idea 8060, and max in divs for lower rate is

8060 + 5000 of tax free divs, and that leaves 29325. So you would have to pay 7.5% on that which is £2199 in tax. LTD would have to earn same amount.

Of course this doesn't include all the tax bands moving and the lower tax band as well, it is merely to show the effect of the div tax as I would see if working.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Hi everyone
                  Bloody hell!

I thought you were dead, like
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Dividends aside, I'm liking the "Benefits Bonfire" vibe, it's been a lifestyle choice for some for far too long IMHO.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

But he's also going to be reducing CT, so that'll give some of you tax avoiding scum some of your free cash back.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X