• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back Support Chair...Who uses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
    You can expense a chair through your company?
    Yes, it is office furniture. I bought a Herman Miller Aeron as an ex office chair from ebay as well. It is superb and sorted out my back ache.

Comment

Herman Miller and standing desk through the Ltd. I would have the sodding things if I wasn't in this game so no way I would be buying it through personal funds... If you think the Aeron is good but are still getting back twinges then the standing desk is well worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
        You can expense a chair through your company?
        Why ever not? It's one of the most important bits of kit you own.

Comment

I've owned a few Herman Miller chairs and they're difficult to beat, but to offer an alternative, I currently have a Humanscale Freedom chair - looks great in aluminum IMO but, more importantly, it's very supportive. Around 400-900 depending on options, so similar prices to Herman Miller, but you can also find them secondhand.

Comment

Received the Aeron today. The knob on the right hand side of the chair (Kinemat Tilt Tension), does that turn endlessly? I'm not really noticing a difference in tension :/

Comment

Working...
            X