• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The European Union is gutless, useless and it will end intears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Climate change is a bigger deal than immigration IMO... you can read that whichever way you wish though.
    It is not a tangible problem that will have anything other than a supposed impact on people's lives. Solutions to the problem will not be felt because the link between weather, conditions, and all the other factors to do with climate change are not proven. Unlike greece going bust or someone getting shot on holiday climate change is nothing more than a political issue.
    As far as solutions are concerned there is no proof that if the Taleban zealots get their way and put an end to capitalism and burning of fossil fuels, consumption etc that it will have any effect on the climate. After all the climate is changing anyway. Which I suppose to be fair is probably as inevitable as the Greek economy going bust
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      The two big issues of the day are immigration and Greece. The EU does not know how to handle either. Their only motivation is to preserve the EU status its bloody currency and the jobs and departments that exist within their individual Euro fiefdoms. For instance booting Greece out of the Euro would be be the the most logical and best action that could be taken yet they are more concerned with their own position and that of the EU than taking any practical steps to solve problems. An aussie style "send them back" policy would also be beyond their ability to even decide upon let alone implement. Alternatively they could let them all in - at least that would be a decisive policy.
      Neither of these are major crises unlike say an invasion of the baltic states by the Russians would be. Christ knows what they would do about that other than create a boom in travel between Strasbourg and Brussels.

Instead they want us to live within their happy clappy totalitarian environment where they have great power and riches and everyone else around them does as they are told.

I am thinking of digging up maggie. Even dead she would be far more effective than this lot.
      I heard an interesting comment today. The EU wants more emigrants as this will dilute the indigenous populations and make nationalism weak thus the EU becomes predominant.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Climate change is a bigger deal than immigration IMO... you can read that whichever way you wish though.
        It's not so easy if you try it upside down

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And I thought we could vote for MEPs. Go Farage!
          Farage and co who can't be bothered to turn up even to have a rant and then abstain.

They are as effective as Sinn Fein in the UK parliament....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            I heard an interesting comment today. The EU wants more emigrants as this will dilute the indigenous populations and make nationalism weak thus the EU becomes predominant.
            Sinister is the word that leaps to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
              Sinister is the word that leaps to mind.
              A load of old bollocks unless we see proof and anyway, shouldn't it be immigrants or do they want the indigenous population to emigrate
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"The EU"? Is your source any more specific, or is it everyone in or from "the EU" that is in on it?

Comment

Working...
                X