• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car repair - advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't those signs simply to cover Tesco (or whoever) in the event that shopper A damages shopper B's property? It doesn't (surely!) give Tesco carte blanche to leave their trolleys littering the car park.

Was the accident in the car park, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The missus has pranged her car, by driving into a Tesco trolley

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        Aren't those signs simply to cover Tesco (or whoever) in the event that shopper A damages shopper B's property? It doesn't (surely!) give Tesco carte blanche to leave their trolleys littering the car park.

Was the accident in the car park, I wonder?
        What if it's Tesco's trolley, Tesco's car park and Tesco Insurance?

I bet they don't do car hire :

Comment

If you claim, no claims protection means nothing. Your premiums will still go up and you will have to declare any claims in future anyway. No claims protection is a con as a way of charging you more for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            The missus has pranged her car, by driving into a Tesco trolley

would it be cheaper to pay for the repair or claim on the insurance.
            she asked me, and I don't have a clue
            Get on Compare Car Service & MOT Deals | MyCarNeedsA.com

Put the details on and see what quotes you get. You dont have to take the lowest quote either.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              If you claim, no claims protection means nothing. Your premiums will still go up and you will have to declare any claims in future anyway. No claims protection is a con as a way of charging you more for nothing.
              ^This

My cheapest renewal quote doubled after a prang, as you now become a very high risk, the no claims protection means tulip, I still have full no claims discount, but every quote is double the ones pre-prang.

And you have to put it on every fricking quote for about the next 5 years, with dates and details.

Just get some garage quotes and fix it or live with it.

Comment

I got hit by a council gritter. Entirely their fault. Their insurance paid. My premiums went up as 'statistically I'm more likely to have another accident', this was 8 years ago. Haven't had so much as a prang since. Bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  I only read EternalOptomist's posts because he has such a nice avatar. What the heck is that anyway, Twigwitch ?
                  Thanks. do you like what I've done with my hair ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    ^This

My cheapest renewal quote doubled after a prang, as you now become a very high risk, the no claims protection means tulip, I still have full no claims discount, but every quote is double the ones pre-prang.

And you have to put it on every fricking quote for about the next 5 years, with dates and details.

Just get some garage quotes and fix it or live with it.
                    Some insurers its 3 or 4 years.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X