• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michelle Obama visits School n London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I don't think that's the point though is it?

Jewish people have integrated into society & even where they haven't their populations live side by side with others and don't try to impose on the larger community & where there has been antagonism it has come from the "host" population.

Think it's a bit more of a 2 way street where Tower Hamlets & Rotherham etc are concerned.
    Apart, it seems, the Orthodox Jews of which there have been a number of stories in the press recently of them trying to impose their laws on people, much like fundamentalist Muslims.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Apart, it seems, the Orthodox Jews of which there have been a number of stories in the press recently of them trying to impose their laws on people, much like fundamentalist Muslims.
      Got any links to those stories?

Comment

Got any links to those stories?
        Not me but Mr. Google does...

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect tells London mothers to stop driving | UK news | The Guardian
        London Council Removes Ultra-Orthodox Jews' Signs Banishing Women To One Side Of The Road
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

But those are directed at members of their own community rather than the larger population.

The first, I assume, relates to Jewish women driving their kids to a Jewish faith school.

And the posters in the second link are just remnants from some religious parade:

The Council said the posters were remnants of a Torah Procession set up by the Haredi community early last week. During the Hachnosus Sefer Torah parade, hundreds of men and women accompanied the Torah scroll as it was taken through Stamford Hill's streets under a chupah, Jewish News reports.
          Parade participants usually celebrate the occasion with dancing, so the Haredi community wanted to ensure that the genders were separated. The area’s 20,000 Haredi Jews follow a conservative branch of Judaism that discourages unmarried men and women from touching members of the opposite sex, unless they are close relatives.

Comment

I have lived in East Finchley/Muswell Hill that is predominantly jewish. I now live in tower hamlets.

I have had a few incidents in Tower Hamlets, local police wern't up to much.

I felt safer in Muswell Hill, had zero problems.

Comment

But those are directed at members of their own community rather than the larger population.

The first, I assume, relates to Jewish women driving their kids to a Jewish faith school.

And the posters in the second link are just remnants from some religious parade:
              But they're very similar to acts that people complain about the Muslim populace like when they started Sharia patrols whereas the Jewish community have their own unoffical police force

Comment

But they're very similar to acts that people complain about the Muslim populace like when they started Sharia patrols whereas the Jewish community have their own unoffical police force
                From what I recall, the Shariah patrols were targeting non muslims for things like drinking alcohol in the street.

Comment

In 1901 the proportion of Londoners born elsewhere was 33% of the total and that was less than previous years. Your Dave and John could well have been an Irishman and a Jew. BTW, It has been estimated that one in five Britons has a black ancestor from the 17th or 18th centuries.
                  Elsewhere = other countries or other Counties?

In 3 centuries one would sort of expect that.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    I have lived in East Finchley/Muswell Hill that is predominantly jewish. I now live in tower hamlets.

I have had a few incidents in Tower Hamlets, local police wern't up to much.

I felt safer in Muswell Hill, had zero problems.
                    Don't mess with Dallas! When angry her muscles expands and she bursts out of her wetsuit.....

Comment

Michelle Obama visits School n London

I don't think that's the point though is it?

Jewish people have integrated into society & even where they haven't their populations live side by side with others and don't try to impose on the larger community & where there has been antagonism it has come from the "host" population.

Think it's a bit more of a 2 way street where Tower Hamlets & Rotherham etc are concerned.
                      Have you been to North London and North Manchester? Have you heard of Orthodox jews?

Yes about 99% of pupils in that school are Muslim but you wouldn't be complaining if 99% were catholic in a catholic school. It remains a public school and they are waving british flags not ISIS flags.

It does seem strange that they chose this school, though I think it fits in nicely with the Islamaphobic agenda of the media and into spreading the kind of hysteria we have seen on this thread.

Muslim women wear scarves in a similar way to nuns, get over it and accept it, so long as they are peaceful, law-abiding citizens and respect and accept others, what is the problem?
                      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 17 June 2015, 15:09.

Comment

Working...
                      X