• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Walks to Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    From the office to the toilet knowing that I'm getting paid for at least the next half hour
    Are the Germans so skint that they can't afford a toilet in the office?

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      My last few contracts have been in Leeds, South Shields, Newburn, Benton, Stockton on Tees and Houghton le Spring. Apart from Leeds, they are candidates for where God will stick the tube when he decides to give the world an enema. So, I rarely walked anywhere and the best route was the quickest one out of there.

At least now I get to WFH a couple of days a week so the walk from the kitchen after breakfast to my office via the bog for a dump isn't too bad.
      South Sheilds is surely a comely place for a walk. Along the seafront, stopping for a breakfast of chips and ice cream. Still, every place has its grot spots I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        At least now I get to WFH a couple of days a week so the walk from the kitchen after breakfast to my office via the bog for a dump isn't too bad.
        Aren't you served breakfast in your bedroom anymore? Time to update your location mate!

Comment

Anyone worked at Nestlé in Vevey, Switzerland?

Lovely walk to the office along Lake Geneva from many of the local hotels in the area. Great views of the French Alps on a clear day.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Anyone worked at Nestlé in Vevey, Switzerland?

Lovely walk to the office along Lake Geneva from many of the local hotels in the area. Great views of the French Alps on a clear day.
            Lived in the Old Town there for a year, it was a lovely walk through the cobblestone streets out into the marketplace and then stroll into work along the lakefront.

Comment

I'm in Sydney. Just now the walk is through Redfern and then Darling Harbour. The former was traditionally run down, the place Aborigines live and with a lot of crime and drug problems. Now it is a mix. Part gentrified, part not. I walk past the Aboriginal tent embassy every day - it seems to be mostly made up of white people with dreadlocks.

I've seen some funny sights in Redfern. Trade union rallies round campfires, a high as a kite man in just his underpants walking around arms flailing, a woman dressed in PVC tarted up like a prostitute who was carting a big suitcase and looking lost (I helped her carry it for a bit), young guys rapping on the street, hipsters. Lots and lots of hipsters.

Then Darling Harbour which is tourist central. Often there are commercial events and it's all clean, corporate, tourist friendly fun.

Really like my walk to work.

In the past I used to love walking over the Millenium Bridge with St Pauls in front or walks alongside the Bristol floating harbour.

Comment

Buchen in Germany.

Walker in Germany is killed by an escaped circus elephant - BBC News

Comment

One clientco walk I had was very evocative, the heavy stench of exotic spices, the unfamiliar jabber of Hindi and other strange tongues, shiit all over the road, mad drivers, and dark-skinned people teeming everywhere.....

I don't live in Bolton anymore though.

Anyone ever contract for UKIP?

Comment

Working...
                  X