• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up a Barclays savings account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Was Barclays at lunchtime, aiming to open a savings account.

As a current account holder with them for some forty years, I assumed this would involve just filling in a form, which they would rubber stamp, and job done.

But apparently these days one must be interviewed by a personal banker, and none was available for more than a week.

So I told the cashier I would try a different bank, and walked out in a huff, although I have a horrible feeling all banks will be the same.

This must sound like one of EO's GPO stories ("We'll try and set up your telephone service within the next six months. What colour telephone receiver would you like sir?". "What colours do you have?". "Black". "Hmm, OK I'll take black."), except I suspect there are dozens of different kinds of savings accounts.

Barclays premier. Just phone your premier manager and ask him/her to set it up for you. Easy peasy.

Comment

Try this

Banking & Savings Accounts: Aldermore Bank Financial Solutions

Comment

If it's a personal savings account, First Direct has a pretty good regular saver attached to its current account (only downside is it's restricted to £250 pm IIRC). I have also found them very good to deal with compared to other banks. Once the current account is up, it's easy to apply for their other products.

Comment

Working...
        X