• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any CAD Technicians here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmaz View Post
    I honestly don't see what the problem is with me asking my question on here? Along with my research elsewhere, why can I not ask on forums to ask if there are other people doing what I am looking to do, to have a chat about it? Who said that I am not using personal contacts and UK knowledge as well? Why have you guys got a problem? This is a Contractor forum, and I am asking for advice from other contractors.....
    I have had remote CAD guys working for me in the past. Doesn't always work well in my experience. But sounds like you don't want to hear about any of our experiences. Maybe you want to untwist those knickers a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
      I have had remote CAD guys working for me in the past. Doesn't always work well in my experience. But sounds like you don't want to hear about any of our experiences. Maybe you want to untwist those knickers a bit.
      Why don't I want to hear about experiences? That's exactly what I want....

Why do you think I am getting my knickers in a twist?

Comment

well Bigmaz a few observations

1) You posted in General - which is a hot bed of stupidity and sarcasm interspersed with some real nuggets of wisdom.
        2) When people came back a bit 'Meh!' you started to get a bit antsy.
        3) If you are to be successful as a contractor you need to know when people are just having a bit of fun at your expense - if you get stuck up your own ass whenever that happens you will struggle at whatever you do.

But in summation no no CAD techs on here really...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          well Bigmaz a few observations

1) You posted in General - which is a hot bed of stupidity and sarcasm interspersed with some real nuggets of wisdom.
          2) When people came back a bit 'Meh!' you started to get a bit antsy.
          3) If you are to be successful as a contractor you need to know when people are just having a bit of fun at your expense - if you get stuck up your own ass whenever that happens you will struggle at whatever you do.

But in summation no no CAD techs on here really...
          Well I was replying in jest and ppl had a go, so I just retaliated I suppose. Apologies if it seemed nasty. I just asked a question and people were basically saying I should know the answer myself as I work in that field. I am using this forum as a part of my research into doing what I want to do.

And don't worry, I don't struggle as a contractor, I am very successful TBH

And yeah, I kinda realise now that there is not many CAD guys on here

Comment

I had an email for a CAD job this morning. they are trying to boot the incumbant because he knows sfa about PCB's

I can get you genned up , bigfoot, but it will cost you
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I had an email for a CAD job this morning. they are trying to boot the incumbant because he knows sfa about PCB's

I can get you genned up , bigfoot, but it will cost you
              I have no idea what yer talking about buddy, so I cannae even go along with the banter. But I am sure its something that people are laughing at my expense, fair do's

A quick google of PCB brings up Printed Circuit Boards, so Google isn't any good to me, unless that is what you are referring to..... :P

Comment

this is an inter generational communications problem

or an igcp

peace out
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

man
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    this is an inter generational communications problem

or an igcp

peace out
                    Ok granddad, its been nice chatting hehe

Comment

Originally posted by bigmaz View Post
                      Ok granddad, its been nice chatting hehe
                      I would take up his offer if I was you, he is quite good at these things.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X