• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overweight IT Contractors' weight loss diary: day 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sigh* Ok

When comparing and equal mass of fat and muscle the muscle weighs more

Happy now ???

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      Couple of myths:

Hormones are not the reason for being fat: stop eating so many fucking cakes.

Crash dieting/Atkins diets/some fecking Jesus diets (you know the ones that fat people like: eating 500 loaves, Ben & Jerry's manna from heaven ice cream and 40 fishes per meal) simply reduce your metabolism, so when the old natural human emotion of "Oh, I've been good the last two weeks, I'll treat myself to a curry" followed by "WTF! I'm 3 kg heavier" trick - the one that created the WeightWatcher's empire...

To lose weight: either

(a) Leave a tin of tuna out for 3 weeks then consume

or less painful and slightly longer processs

(b) Exercise every day (and not walking FFS, that burns up about 3 calories/hour) and eat less quantity of food, stay off ALL processed foods and eat more fruit and vegetables.

It's so fecking simple.

Paradoxically eating more often helps you lose weight faster than just eating less. Yes you need to consume fewer calories but you also need to eat more often. Between meals your metabolism slows down and you consume less energy. By eating more often your metabolism has less chance to slow down since it is constantly having to process food into a usable form, which takes energy which burns off calories.

Eating smaller meals and snacking on healthy stuff like fruit, raw veggies or low calorie snacks in between meals is much better than just eating less overall.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

<< Holds up hand and volunteers to aid in exercise regime >>

anyone fancy a game of squash?

You either get fit or die in the attempt!!!!!!!!!

Either way, you lose weight!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
          anyone fancy a game of squash?
          hmm I never got on with running a walls, they hurt too much
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            *Sigh* Ok

When comparing and equal mass of fat and muscle the muscle weighs more

Happy now ???
            acceptable

Comment

I played one of the hardware permie guys at my last contract just before xmas. Over the course of the game, he ran into the front wall, then he decided to clash his forehead into my squash racket. For the rest of the game, he appeared a bit dazed.

The next day, he had been signed off from work for two weeks by his doctor as he had concussion!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                (b) Exercise every day (and not walking FFS, that burns up about 3 calories/hour) and eat less quantity of food, stay off ALL processed foods and eat more fruit and vegetables.

It's so fecking simple.
                95% of those attempting to lose weight fail. That implies it's not simple. I'm in the other 5% myself, but based on my experience, anyone who says it's simple hasn't done it.

Also, exercise is worth doing for various reasons, but unless you're doing 80 lengths of an Olympic pool a day it's probably not going to make much difference, people should concentrate on the food side of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
                  The next day, he had been signed off from work for two weeks by his doctor as he had concussion!!!!
                  Typical permie.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                    95% of those attempting to lose weight fail. That implies it's not simple. I'm in the other 5% myself, but based on my experience, anyone who says it's simple hasn't done it.

Also, exercise is worth doing for various reasons, but unless you're doing 80 lengths of an Olympic pool a day it's probably not going to make much difference, people should concentrate on the food side of the equation.
                    What a load of bollocks, Exercise isn't going to make any difference?

If you've been doing nothing it will make one hell of a difference. When you diet, your metobolism drops, you need excercise to take it up again. You also need excercise to maintain the loss.

I eat whatever I want and don't put on weight, why, becuase I exercise 4 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus
                      I eat whatever I want and don't put on weight, why, becuase I exercise 4 times a week.
                      Nothing to do with you being god and just deciding that you are going to be thin then hey!!!

Bloody deities, always making out its so easy for the common man....

Comment

Working...
                      X