• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh is the best city in the UK for jobs growth, posting 79pc more job adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Can just imagine you walking down to London in your ragged clothes with your 1994 laptop in a little bundle on your shoulder cause you've heard the streets are paved with gold. Coincidentally, the other guy who did that was a 'dick' as well.
    Your perverse imaginations of me are quite disturbing if I am being honest.

Would you care to comment on Scotland's failure to match England's exemplary record on unemployment decreases in recent months?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Now let's also add in the reason that Scotland's figure is remaining close to England's. public sector employment in England is 17.4%, in Scotland it is 22.1%.

All in all it is a fairly damning assessment of the SNP's running of Scotland.
      Barnett formula at work. At least they use it on public sector employment rather than welfare benefits, which is not always the same thing.

You aren't fair to the SNP. The numbers were the same when the Lab-Lib coalition was running Holyrood, too. (I have no proof for that assertion except my own opinion, and I don't even care if it is completely wrong, but that seems most fitting for this thread.)

Comment

Working...
      X