• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chucking their toys out the pram already...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I'm not great at detecting it. I assumed the post was sarcastic as the compulsory voting, apart from being directly opposed to the very principle of democracy, will have the exact opposite effect of finding out what the citizens really want.
    So Australia is not democratic?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

REALLY winds me up too. EVERYONE had the chance to have their say last week and the country decided what they want.

No good whining about it now and acting like thugs. Conservatives have been democratically elected - suck it up or move out.

Chuck the lot of them in prison IMHO.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        REALLY winds me up too. EVERYONE had the chance to have their say last week and the country decided what they want.

No good whining about it now and acting like thugs. Conservatives have been democratically elected - suck it up or move out.

Isnt it natural that the spongers of the state who get free money for doing nothing, will get angry when the money tap stops ?

The working class will vote and then get back to work, regardless of who has won.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I'm not willing to pay for them mate

Shoot the feckers, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Isnt it natural that the spongers of the state who get free money for doing nothing, will get angry when the money tap stops ?

The working class will vote and then get back to work, regardless of who has won.
            ^ Absolutely this.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              I'm not willing to pay for them mate

Shoot the feckers, I say.
              The young feckers who are protesting grow up, work in finance and turn into Tory voters.

(I went to university with some like that.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The young feckers who are protesting grow up, work in finance and turn into Tory voters.

(I went to university with some like that.)
                WSS

When you haven't set out from the world of mum & dad, they expect the state to provide handouts like their parents have done. Once the cold light of realization kicks in, they'll kick and scream for a bit, before eventually realizing that under a Tory Government you'll have to get a job and pay your way. Then as they get older, have kids, get married, get settled, they'll realize that if you want something you have to work for it.

Of course, if you get a Labour government for a while, then you get a whole generation who thinks that they're entitled to free handouts.

Another 5 years is going to be one massive ******* shock for a lot of people. Brilliant.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Or Labour or UKIP or BNP voters. Unless you are not up for generalisation.

Comment

I will not be surprised if these poor feckers start rioting and pillage homes and shops, thanks to the lack of handouts.

Guess I will invest in a good baseball bat.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Another 5 years is going to be one massive ******* shock for spongers. Brilliant.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X