• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I thought anti-frackers cared about the environment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought anti-frackers cared about the environment?

Vandals flood Conservative MP's garden with 1,300 litres of oil - Telegraph

Claims to have carried out the attack in retaliation for the MP's support for fracking were posted on anarchist website Act for Freedom over the weekend.

They do care...

The point of this sort of "protest" is not to have a useful effect.

The MPs can claim it on their insurance and they now look like frontline hard men to the rest of their party because they are seen as worth attacking.

Will they look at their gardens and say "oh no my whole view of fracking is wrong", or will they just pay someone to sort it out whilst they go on holiday ?

But there is a major objective here...
    ...to look good to their friends, preferably of a compatible sexual orientation. They can brag about how they "stuck one on the tories" without any risk or any actual work.

As it happens I do a bit of political lobbying in the area of energy and contrary to what you might read, almost everyone in all political parties see fracking as a good thing. OK, it may or may not be a good thing, but that is the direction of travel for >80% of MPs and anyone else with a say.

I actually help to write papers that are read by people who make decisions which is mildly hard graft, but not rocket science or slave labour. Almost anyone could contribute to that process if they could be bothered to read up on the subject and attend meetings. But there's no glory in it, I will never be interviewed on TV about my views on energy, nor will I ever be denounced, but I put in a bit of effort and it has a bit of an effect.

You're not impressed are you ?
    That's the point.

I could trash people's gardens and that would earn the admiration of dimwits and maybe get in the paper, but it wouldn't actually achieve anything.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

At least you are standing up to be counted Dominic, this sort of anonymous mindless violence is typical of the Greeens. I think we will see a lot more of Green thuggery before too long
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
      X