• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death penalty - right or wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    That's right.
    Have the death penalty for little things, a slap on the wrist for big things.

Lets face it, if they hung you for dropping litter, you would never throw anything on the ground , ever. But hanging will never deter a terrorist, so why bother.
    This!

I think that cards, instead of having airbags in the steering wheel, should have a big metal spike.

The drivers would take alot more care.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      If you crave an instant feeling of immense superiority just visit one of the pro DP forums in the US. I can't remember the url for any of them but there are some real rednecks on them who say the most ridiculous things.

I once read that the right to keep and bear arms is in an amendment to their Constitution and therefore is more important than any human life.
      My brother's wife's sister married a redneck made good. When my brother visited them in the States there was a get together. A redneck told my brother "we don't mind liberals. But homosexuality is too goddamned far!".

I don't think he will visit again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        My brother's wife's sister married a redneck made good. When my brother visited them in the States there was a get together. A redneck told my brother "we don't mind liberals. But homosexuality is too goddamned far!".

I don't think he will visit again.
        My friend's multinational employer posted him out to Louisiana for a couple of years, one time he was chatting to the neighbour over the garden fence, the black woman across the road came out to cut her grass and the neighbour said to him "those black babies are just so cute but I hate them all when they grow up"

Anyways, you can argue and logically defend a stance on not having a death penalty, there are crimes so heinous, specifically but not exclusively to children, where I would be happy to pull the lever, shoot the gun, inject the drug or throw the stone.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          The death penalty is uncivilised and barbaric whichever method is used. These two methods just seem more attractive to the mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers who would have sat in the front row of the crowds at the guillotine during the French Revolution.
          A question for you and/or anyone else holding the same opinion...

Do you also believe that crimes absent aggression (i.e. not asault, theft, or fraud) should be met with with violence in order to enforce that broken law?

And do you believe that that violence should be lethal if necessary (after all a law is, by definition, a commitment to escalate the use of violence until the breaker of that law either submits or is killed in the process)?

So *if*you answer yes to the first, then you must answer yes to the second, to which I ask you: what is more barbaric and uncivilised - executing a serial murderer? or killing someone who disagrees with your minimum wage law/tax regime/or is found in possession of images depicting female ejaculation?

And if anyone wants to be particularly intellectually dishonest by claiming that a 'yes' to question 1 doesn't mandate a 'yes' to question 2 - then I'll ask you this instead...

Which is more barbaric and uncivilised - executing a serial murderer or locking someone in a cage for a decade because they disagreed with your minimum wage law/tax regime/or is found in possession of images depicting female ejaculation?

Comment

Working...
          X