• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE CC Elections 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Wouldn't bet on it. We have candidates this year that haven't appeared yet...
    Well, I'm kind of hoping that either they are engaging elsewhere () or that they don't get elected.

But I doubt either of those are likely.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Well, I'm kind of hoping that either they are engaging elsewhere () or that they don't get elected.

But I doubt either of those are likely.
      Yep. That's why the CUK and the IPSE forum vote matters to us all - as you've seen a few votes is the difference between getting elected and not elected.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoconutDog View Post
        Isn't it always thus? Or is this year worse than previous ( I can't remember ).
        One of the completely silent candidates stood last year. One of the nearly silent (one post) candidates stood last year and didn't post anything then.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

One of the reasons I don't have a problem with empty seats. Better a seat is left empty than taken by someone who maybe gets 0 or 1 vote, claims to then be representative of the general membership, yet does bugger all.

Comment

.... and voted

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              One of the reasons I don't have a problem with empty seats. Better a seat is left empty than taken by someone who maybe gets 0 or 1 vote, claims to then be representative of the general membership, yet does bugger all.
              Part of the problem is how difficult it is to gauge who actually does what, given the limited information that can be shared with a normal member.

There was a significant amount of behind the scenes work to make any progress on security clearance - but unless you were party to those discussions (and that includes other members of the CC) then you may be thinking that the people involved were actually doing nothing.

That's not to say that there aren't CC members who vanish completely once elected (and sometimes before the election as well!) though.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've got an IPSE envelope.

Don't know who to vote for.

This is bad as the GE.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

This is a FAQ... PM TheFaQQer. He knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      It says pick 13 candidates. There aren't 13 candidates who I like.

So actually it's bad as the GE......
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X