• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad credit mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Mortgages are introducer-only, so you'll need a broker, which is handy as the combination of contractor/adverse credit is one that a broker would be your best bet for, as several lenders in the bad credit market are broker only, such as Accord.

I deal with clients regularly who have had past credit issues and, if you know what you're dealing with, it's often more straightforward than you think. A chat with a broker, ideally one of the contractor specific ones on here, should give you some idea on your options.

Good luck,

Mark

Comment

I wouldn't sweat it, the banks are desperate to offload all the BoE funny money to borrowers at high interest rates.

As long as you don't mind paying 9% for a mortgage in ZIRP land, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
        Has anyone managed to secure one? I have some historical defaults from before I started contracting. All settled but obviously still on the credit report.

We need to move pretty soon due to some neighbour issues and the arrival of TLD1, I was planning on renting my place out and renting something bigger closer to client co......but it seems no one fancies renting to us due to having a massive dog.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of it?

I was thinking that a bigger deposit may grease the rails.

Good lord!

Defaults, neighbour issues, new arrival, massive dog, is there anything else you have forgotten ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

There's plenty more but I don't want to sound like suity

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McBurney@CMME View Post
            Accord Mortgages are introducer-only, so you'll need a broker, which is handy as the combination of contractor/adverse credit is one that a broker would be your best bet for, as several lenders in the bad credit market are broker only, such as Accord.

I deal with clients regularly who have had past credit issues and, if you know what you're dealing with, it's often more straightforward than you think. A chat with a broker, ideally one of the contractor specific ones on here, should give you some idea on your options.

Good luck,

Mark
            Cheers mark, very helpful.

Comment

Every place we ever rented stipulated "no pets" but had no problem with us having a pet. But "massive dog" might not be the best way to describe your pet

Just get rid of the dog. Is said dog the reason you have "neighbour issues"?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Every place we ever rented stipulated "no pets" but had no problem with us having a pet. But "massive dog" might not be the best way to describe your pet

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He said he didnt want to sound like Suity.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

No chance, the dog is awesome and part of the family. No the neighbour issues are due to our neighbour having moved her brother into her house to have her mortgage paid off with his disability benefit . He spends his days in the garden 'playing' with industrial grass cutting equipment her other brother stores in her garage. Leaving his dog out for hours on end barking, slamming doors and stamping up and down his stairs. It's a really relaxing environment for a baby trying to sleep.

Our dog is fine, well behaved doesn't bark for no reason. But due to him being 9.5 stone and very slobbery people seem to be afraid of him .He soft as a brush though and regularly gets attacked by chihuahuas, jack Russell ect.

Comment

A big dog like that slobbering, toilet accidents, scratching doors etc can mean a lot of expense and effort for the landlord.

Comment

Working...
                      X