• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How often do you check your bank account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used too but the ever growing row of zero's at the end started to make my eyes go screwey

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I used too but the ever growing row of zero's at the end started to make my eyes go screwey

I have a custom title for you. PrawnLike.

Comment

Every couple of days, and I then cross check the transactions with the receipts in my wallet. If the receipts is needed then I store it away, other wise I shred them.

By Thursday most receipts have gone and been dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You posted that after you objected when someone said that about you?

Are you a MP or a peer or something?
          I really don't mind if you sit this one out.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I always thought I was pretty good at this. Not quite down to the penny, but pretty aware of everything that should be going through.

Then last year, I signed up for a month's free trial of Netflix. Never used it, but completely forgot to cancel it and I only noticed the £7 dd going through 4 months later. I called them and they refunded the whole lot, thankfully (I presume they could see that I'd never used it).

I guess because it was only a small amount and it was coming out the same time as 9-10 other dds, it got through.

Comment

I'm pretty bad at this sort of thing. A few years ago I changed home insurance and they told me they'd take care of cancelling the old policy from the previous provider. It took me 6 months to notice that I was paying twice each month - they hadn't done anything.

I'd notice the big stuff, but my attitude tends to be that life's too short to worry about every penny. Which is probably why I'm poor.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I check my personal accounts every day, as I can just look them up on a phone app in a couple of seconds. I have regularly monthly payments set up as reminders in the calendar app, as I tend to keep most cash in the savings account and move it over to the current account as and when its needed.

My business account I probably check about once a week, just to remind myself how much is in there; there are only three monthly payments out of that, not counting paying the employee's salary and awarding dividends to the shareholder

Comment

Shortest is about every 6 months.
                  Need to do company accounts and realised I have not got a statement in the last year.

I am saving at the moment, I find if I look I am tempted to spend.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

about once a month personal more often business, pretty easy to spot anything off in good time

Comment

I get a weekly text for the business account which is enough to see if the last invoice has been paid I check the current account probably about once a week or so, much easier now I've installed the phone app for it. I know what's going out, when, and how much, so the balance is never a huge surprise to me. It's not a joint account though, so that helps!
                      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                      X