• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scams steal £8.4bn from taxpayer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MailMan

You never fail to amaze me !

On the one hand you demand increased millitary interventions,invasions and bombings to prop our failed foreign policy yet these require a massive amount of money courtesy of the Taxpayer.

Surely you should be advocating more tax increases to ensure that we have the most sophisticated nuclear weapons and the best bombers that money can buy?

Any dissenting views would be tantamount to supporting terrorism in my opinion.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 September 2006, 08:41.

Comment

Best way to minimise tax evasion is to minimise taxes ffs.

Interesting though that the UK is hit for VAT fraud much harder than any other EU state, I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Best way to minimise tax evasion is to minimise taxes ffs.

Interesting though that the UK is hit for VAT fraud much harder than any other EU state, I wonder why?

Yeah...doesnt take a genious to work that one out.....only a thick scottish chancellor !

Comment

Nuclear weapons, now those are money well spent. Any country that looks at us in a funny way, we go "What's your problem? Oo you lookin at?" and nuke em. Then in 5000 years we march in, kill all the 300 foot mutant rats and take over.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            MailMan

You never fail to amaze me !

On the one hand you demand increased millitary interventions,invasions and bombings to prop our failed foreign policy yet these require a massive amount of money courtesy of the Taxpayer.
            We have been down this road already Alfred...one you got a right royal slapping on.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have NOT contributed to increased taxation for the nation.

So yes, you never fail to amaze me too

Mailman

Comment

<sits back, crosses arms and gloats>

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                We have been down this road already Alfred...one you got a right royal slapping on.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have NOT contributed to increased taxation for the nation.
                So yes, you never fail to amaze me too

Mailman

How do you work that one out then Mailman

Comment

ER yes, MM, please explain what flies in face of all logic. Surely somebody must be paying for it? Or do you just mean that Brown has raided contingency reserves and racked up national debt? ie we are not paying higher taxes for it YET?

£3.1bn a year back

Actually that soundsa lot less than I would have expected.
                  But then those are only the official figures
                  Our forces are about 10% of the US's aren't they?
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 22 September 2006, 12:41.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                    This is a website update to a Panorama film first broadcast on July 16 2006 called Do You Want To Be A Millionaire which investigated "carousel fraud" and confronted one convicted criminal, "Riviera" Ray Woolley. He was hiding in Switzerland having escaped from prison by hailing a taxi.
                    A taxi service for escape attempts? Criminals live a life of luxury in jail ... etc .. etc
                    Last edited by wendigo100; 22 September 2006, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      How do you work that one out then Mailman
                      High taxation was around long before the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Besides, this has already been argued at length on this forum...one the anti-war goons got a right royal rooting in

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X