• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

psst wanna buy a cheap council house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't need a house each though. Plus, all this house-building is great for the economy.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You need to become upper class like sasguru did after he left polytechnic.
      How do I go about joining the Bullingdon club for lazy middle aged IT Contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
        Surely the Tories won't form a coalition with SNP?

Could we end up with a Lab-Lib-SNP coalition?
        Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        can't see the Libs getting into bed with UKIP
        If you believe what they have said so far...

SNP won't go into coalition with the Conservatives or with Labour. The SNP won't prop up a minority Conservative government in a confidence and supply deal, but they would prop up a Labour one under certain conditions.

The Lib Dems won't go into a coalition with UKIP. UKIP won't go into a coalition with Lib Dems, even if they wanted to.

None of the recent polls give any way for a two party coalition involving the Lib Dems. For a two party coalition the only viable options (according to the polls) are Lab-SNP or Con-SNP and all three of those parties have ruled that out.

Personally, I think it's going to be a confidence and supply deal with Lab-SNP - I don't think the Lib Dems will rush into coalition again, because they need to try and convince people that they have their own identity still.

And unless the Conservatives are the biggest party after the election, Cameron is done.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

informal Lab/SNP with Tories the biggest party seems most likely - certainly SNP will vote with Labour to bring down a Tory Queen's Speech at the very least. It seems the Tories will be the biggest party but will struggle to find enough friends to get what they need which, in my view, stinks.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

400,000 immigrants arriving every year, and that's just the ones that are on official lists?
            They don't hand out a set of keys as soon as they jump off the truck at dover.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              They don't need a house each though. Plus, all this house-building is great for the economy.
              Households are getting smaller due to demographic changes i.e. more old people.

So there is a need for more small properties with home office space.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

informal Lab/SNP with Tories the biggest party seems most likely - certainly SNP will vote with Labour to bring down a Tory Queen's Speech at the very least. It seems the Tories will be the biggest party but will struggle to find enough friends to get what they need which, in my view, stinks.
                What makes you think Lab would vote against a Tory Queens speech if that scenario was to unfold ?
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Plus, all this house-building is great for the economy.
                  Council houses?

Comment

400,000 immigrants arriving every year, and that's just the ones that are on official lists?
                    So keeping houses in public ownership will somehow magic them away?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      So keeping houses in public ownership will somehow magic them away?
                      I would assume (maybe wrongly) that DP is suggesting that as council houses are meant for the most needy and less economically mobile. Considering that people tend to start off less economically mobile and become more mobile over time - the vast majority of the top 20% started life off in the bottom 20% - then allowing people to purchase their council houses on the cheap transfers that resource away from the most needy & least economically mobile demographic, and into the hands of people less vulnerable.

I.e. in order to continue serving it's original purpose, council housing needs to be continuously replenished.

Comment

Working...
                      X