• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hire car insurance advice please..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most credit cards cover collision damage on a rental car - except British credit cards. It's an expensive country to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I got stung once for scratches and bumps I'm pretty sure were there when I hired it. When I returned the car a guy spent 20 mins with a forensic microscope stinging me for every scratch more than 10mm long.

Top tip - go over the car yourself at the point you hire it and make them recdord EVERY scratch or blemish over 10mm long.

Or even better, don't use car hire and buy a cheap car!
      And, as you undoubtedly have a high-quality camera in your pocket (with phone attached), take photos of any marks in their presence before setting off. Get them to point at them, saying you want their fingerprint in shot in case of disagreement.

I've no idea if any of it would stand up in court, but you make them feel really silly as you order them to point at random bits of the car while you photograph them

Comment

There is a minimum scratch size now though isnt there? Anything smaller is considered wear and tear.

At least stops the nobheads trying to get you to cough up for a 1mm scratch.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X