• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peru

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    and vaccination time. So I contacted my GP here in München and he wants to give me an ultrasound the morrow. Whit?
    To check your Scottish IQ?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          good luck amigo.
          post the photos, forget the election and tell us about the local brew

It looks like piss and it tastes like.... piss.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

My new teleconverter

Look at my shiny new teleconverter... Took it out for a test drive those past couple of days. Lovely.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds amazing. Sorely tempted to book that flight.

You're not the first to mention about the altitude sickness. It sometimes strikes when I'm skiing up in the alps, so I tend to always carry some aspirin with me.

How did you travel to La Paz from Puno?
              I did la paz to puno on the train, back in '99 about 9 hours with armed guards but felt fairly safe.

From there there is another train that will take you on to cuzco.

I would keep the camera hidden in any populous areas and save it for the antiplano.

The salar de uyuni is definitely worth it but that is on the road going from La Paz to San Pedro in Chile.

Comment

Don't forget to sample the local delights:

Luckily there are some very nice pizza/pasta restaurants in Cusco.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Sounds amazing. Sorely tempted to book that flight.

You're not the first to mention about the altitude sickness. It sometimes strikes when I'm skiing up in the alps, so I tend to always carry some aspirin with me.

How did you travel to La Paz from Puno?
                  We got the train.

Regarding the altitude sickness, the Coca Leaf tea is a miracle worker - better than aspirin. It really does work and doesn't get you high.

Comment

Just to whet your appetite... a holiday I'll never forget:

These are my original photos...

This is Aguas Calientes at the foot of Machu Pichu. The train runs through it.

A street in Cusco:

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      I did la paz to puno on the train, back in '99 about 9 hours with armed guards but felt fairly safe.

From there there is another train that will take you on to cuzco.

I would keep the camera hidden in any populous areas and save it for the antiplano.

The salar de uyuni is definitely worth it but that is on the road going from La Paz to San Pedro in Chile.
                      You'd not be the first person to mention keeping valuables out of sight. Travelled a fair bit, only one pickpocket and that was crossing the border on foot from Hong Kong into China 12/13 year ago. Last I was in Stone town Zanzibar there was a grenade attack in the neighbouring hotel. All part of the experience, eh?

This time I'll be taking the perurail service from Cusco to Puno,

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X