• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to stash the cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is this yet another pointless Suity conversation?

drip feed thread of utter bollox.
    Of course it is. Not even got any novelty factor to the fantasist bulltulip since there was a similar subject raised the other day in TPD.

Maybe Suity's "mate" should invest in a whole new load of fantasy bollocks for Suity to lie to the CUK forum with.

Comment

I'm sure I recall Suity complaining the other week about being short of money.

If so then how can he (sorry) his mate have seventy grand or more all of a sudden to invest?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I'm sure I recall Suity complaining the other week about being short of money.

If so then how can he (sorry) his mate have seventy grand or more all of a sudden to invest?
        Because he's utterly inconsistent in his lies, but that's nothing new for a certain type of poster on here, that or he's actually as astoundingly stupid as he appears which is a terrifying thought.

Comment

Agree with DP stick some in dividend yielding shares (the ones he recommended) and some in corporate bonds yielding around 3-4%

33% shares, 33% bonds and 33% savings account (earning f** all but there to invest in shares when they crash).
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 April 2015, 09:43.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Best advice is always pay down debt, as your interest saved will invariably always be more than general returns unless you are thinking long term, reinvesting
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Best advice is always pay down debt, as your interest saved will invariably always be more than general returns unless you are thinking long term, reinvesting
              Yep, because when the next "credit crunch" ™ hits, getting a mortgage or changing mortgage can become very expensive and difficult, so you should always pay off your mortgage first and remove that hassle and worry.

After that fill up your ISA limit every year on balanced portfolio, and rebalance it every quarter.

Then what's left after that some BTL and after that a place in the sun to retire to.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Yep, because when the next "credit crunch" ™ hits, getting a mortgage or changing mortgage can become very expensive and difficult, so you should always pay off your mortgage first and remove that hassle and worry.

After that fill up your ISA limit every year on balanced portfolio, and rebalance it every quarter.

Then what's left after that some BTL and after that a place in the sun to retire to.
                Define balanced portfolio?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Define balanced portfolio?
                  A mix of sectors, sub sectors and super sectors

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    A mix of sectors, sub sectors and super sectors
                    Tied to one index or across many indices?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Tied to one index or across many indices?
                      Why stop there, the world is your oyster my friend!

Comment

Working...
                      X