• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tailor made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last suit was £2/4/11d and worth every penny - I was found not guilty....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      My last suit was I think was £1100, Canali, tailor made not required. Home | Canali Looks and fits the business.

But if your business is selling mobile phones at carphone warehouse then it's back to <300.
      Yes, they truly look great

Suits for s from the look of it:

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Yes but you think a Mac is good value for money.
        Certainly is. I replaced my 2007 iMac only a few months ago. @ £2000 original price that's £18 a month!!!

Show me a commercial PC out there that gets used for 9 years for less; it doesn't exist.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

Suits for s from the look of it:

I don't do double breasted. Very 90's.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Certainly is. I replaced my 2007 iMac only a few months ago. @ £2000 original price that's £18 a month!!!

Show me a commercial PC out there that gets used for 9 years for less; it doesn't exist.
            Yours is retina like mine isn't it? You have any issues with it? Mine wakes from display sleep not very smoothly....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Yours is retina like mine isn't it? You have any issues with it? Mine wakes from display sleep not very smoothly....
              Yes. None. But don't use it heavily. The wake up from sleep is smooth.

If anything the update to Yosemite on the rMBP is more troublesome. Very unreliable OS from apple. Hoping 10.3 update with sort some bugs out.

Comment

I don't do double breasted. Very 90's.
                I don't either (wrong build for them) but I have seen some guys wearing them recently and they can look very smart if you're quite slim and get a nicely fitted one. I think the mistake is either wearing too baggy, or being of any bulk (not necessarily fat, just not "petite", in wimmin parlance).

Comment

I don't know what he's selling, but I'd buy it...

Comment

I don't either (wrong build for them) but I have seen some guys wearing them recently and they can look very smart if you're quite slim and get a nicely fitted one. I think the mistake is either wearing too baggy, or being of any bulk (not necessarily fat, just not "petite", in wimmin parlance).
                    Indeed. Also go for doubled vented jacket....

Center-vented jackets, very popular on American suits, have a single slit at the back, allowing the jacket to expand at the bottom when sitting. Because of its placement, center-vented jackets have a habit of exposing the wearer’s posterior, though most seem not to mind. The popularity of the center vent is not in it’s functionality, but in that it is the least expensive vent to manufacture.

mens suit jacket double ventThe crown jewel of vents is the double or side-vented jacket marked by two vents, one on either side, generally just behind the trouser pockets, to provide easy access and freedom of movement. Side vents facilitate sitting more easily, moving as needed to prevent the rumpling of the jacket back. Double vents do an excellent job of covering a man’s backside, especially when compared to the single vent and adds a more robust dimension to the wearer’s silhouette.

Comment

Indeed. Also go for doubled vented jacket....
                      Fart flap.

Comment

Working...
                      X