• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so when do you retire to be a kept man?

congrats on the plan B.
    Given her approach to running this business, never, but its keeping her happy....

Thankfully my plan b is nearly ready to go and will happily run alongside contracting until it pays enough....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Friday evening - not much.

I am ill (took 2 days off being as I am a permie now and get paid anyway) and Mrs MUN is run down (report time for teachers along with a school inspection). Hence I am guessing we will both be asleep pretty early.

Saturday:

Take Mini and Micro MUN to gymnastics. Maybe find something to do with them in the afternoon and some friends are coming over in the evening. Will probably book a holiday at the Efterling for us all being as the kids love it there (and it is far better and cheaper than Disney).

Sunday:

Take everyone to church and doze for a few hours. Take the kids to an indoor play area or something, some friends are coming over for a play date (for the kids, no car keys involved) and then training in the evening if I feel better. Will get to hit people again, which will be nice!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

TFA!

Tomorrow: sitting down very quietly. Been getting headaches lately.

Saturday: shopping for wedding rings in the morning, then rugby, then heading to a friend's holiday cottage thing for drinks and food.

Sunday: um. Coming home, maybe go for a ride if the weather's good?

You got owt on?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattski View Post
          TFA!

Tomorrow: sitting down very quietly. Been getting headaches lately.

Saturday: shopping for wedding rings in the morning, then rugby, then heading to a friend's holiday cottage thing for drinks and food.

Sunday: um. Coming home, maybe go for a ride if the weather's good?

You got owt on?
          T shirt, jeans, underwear and my glasses. You?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Tomorrow - Irish pub in Falls Church: Home
            Saturday - sightseeing in Washington followed by brewpub: Mad Fox Brewing Company
            Sunday - shopping at Tyson Corner followed by brewpub: Dogfish Head Alehouse - Gaithersburg, MD | Falls Church, VA | Fairfax, VA

Have a good one everyone...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              the Golden Tulip hotel (yes really)
              I stayed in a (Golden?) Tulip hotel in Bruges one time. It was pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I remember staying in one while working at Cap Gemini in Utrecht, it was also quite nice, and quite posh.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

TFA

MY daughter's been staying with us all week as she's working nearby. She's staying the weekend as well so all's good in my World.

Working from home Friday.

Saturday, taking the Bentley for a drive in the New Forest and to try out the new camera for real before we go on holiday. Out for dinner in Winchester in the evening.

Sunday, a few jobs to do around the house and might pop down the pub for lunch if it's nice.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Well next grub club is in Brugge in September, so they now have another recommendation.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Well next grub club is in Brugge in September, so they now have another recommendation.

TFA. More interesting than last weekend.

Fri: GF#1's daughter is staying over, so wine, wine, wine, more ribeye steaks with peppercorn sauce and leftover dauphinoise potatoes
                      Sat: Finding a birthday pressie for GF#1 and then off to Bristol to dine in GF#1's brother's Mexican restaurant
                      Sun: Slobbing around watching films, eating chocolates, ... and mourning the fact that we're not in the Netherlands with the Grub Club... goddamn you, hyperClient#1!!!!
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X