• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC boss likens Jeremy Clarkson to Jimmy Savile after establishment support - Telegraph

Ooops, probably not the wisest comparison.

Comment

The Apple one is quite good though:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Clarkson suspended and Putin missing. Coincidence? Probably yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          On the contrary, I think the comparison is spot on - which is that being "talented" gives a person a "get out of jail free card" - in many cases, quite literally - and that being successively let off the hook just encourages their behaviour to escalate because they really do believe they can get away with anything.

In Saville's case, that behaviour was paedophilia - in Clarkson's case, that behaviour was being an all-round twunt.

But they didn't wake up one day and become like this - it occurred bit by bit over many years - as each time they avoid punishment, it increases their sense of impunity - until they feel their behaviour really is untouchable.

And it isn't just famous people - look at all those traders that fiddled various rates. They were so open about it on the chat channels between themselves - because they believed they were making so much money - that no-one would ever dare to turn off the tap - and that no-one had ever been punished for it before.

Whenever people escape punishment, it just encourages them to go a bit further the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            On the contrary, I think the comparison is spot on - which is that being "talented" gives a person a "get out of jail free card" - in many cases, quite literally - and that being successively let off the hook just encourages their behaviour to escalate because they really do believe they can get away with anything.

In Saville's case, that behaviour was paedophilia - in Clarkson's case, that behaviour was being an all-round twunt.

But they didn't wake up one day and become like this - it occurred bit by bit over many years - as each time they avoid punishment, it increases their sense of impunity - until they feel their behaviour really is untouchable.

And it isn't just famous people - look at all those traders that fiddled various rates. They were so open about it on the chat channels between themselves - because they believed they were making so much money - that no-one would ever dare to turn off the tap - and that no-one had ever been punished for it before.

Whenever people escape punishment, it just encourages them to go a bit further the next time.
            I am sorry but Savile's beaviour was nothing like Clarksons. Whilst clearly Clarkson has a case to answer it is highly manipulative of the BBC to draw a parallel with Savile. They have done it to manipulate and isolate Clarkson and make his followers think that by being supportive him they are behaving just like those that turned a blind eye to Savile.
            Furthermore by canning the last three episodes they are churlishly punishing fans of top gear who I believe they loathe (white anglo saxon "blokes") and teaching us a lesson for being the type of non BBC "right on" liberal conformist that they do not like. If fans now decide to with hold their license fee payments in return then they will only have themselves to blame.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Jeremy Clarkson has backing of Director General as he fights for career at Top Gear inquiry - Telegraph

Comment

He punched a colleague. He should be fired. I'm surprised anyone at the BBC thinks otherwise. He should probably also be charged with assault, but I guess that's his victim's call.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Furthermore by canning the last three episodes they are churlishly punishing fans of top gear who I believe they loathe (white anglo saxon "blokes") and teaching us a lesson for being the type of non BBC "right on" liberal conformist that they do not like. If fans now decide to with hold their license fee payments in return then they will only have themselves to blame.
                  Probably why they started BBC Brit (although currently not available yet in the UK):

In October 2013, BBC announced that in 2014 they would rollout 3 new brands - BBC Earth, BBC First, and BBC Brit, with BBC Brit to be dedicated to male-skewed entertainment programming. It was later announced that the content would largely be factual entertainment, featuring BBC series Top Gear with the possibility for increases in local adaptions of the series. Other series are to include Room 101 and Mock the Week. It was also announced that roughly 50 hours, or roughly 5 series, of new content would be ordered for the new channel
                  http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...rs--gJPqj3t9og
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    He punched a colleague. He should be fired. I'm surprised anyone at the BBC thinks otherwise. He should probably also be charged with assault, but I guess that's his victim's call.
                    Oh come on! Who's never punched a colleague before???
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Oh come on! Who's never punched a colleague before???
                      We all have. The rest of of us picked on men. You picked on the 18 year old intern girl. And she kicked your ass afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X