• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with Philip to comment whether he's just incredibly insensitive, or racist.

However I don't think that making a joke about someone's physical appearance is racist. If I went to Africa and people jokes about me being "the white boy" and "be careful in the sun, you'll get burned" I wouldn't assume they were racist.

Of course, racist people DO make these jokes too. But surely friends of different races make fun of each other on racial grounds all the time as part of normal banter, just as two friends who are straight and gay will often insult each other in a way which an outside observer would find utterly appalling.
    So going to a factory and seeing a bundle of wires hanging out of a fuse box and commenting "looks like that was put in by an Indian" is just insensitive?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So going to a factory and seeing a bundle of wires hanging out of a fuse box and commenting "looks like that was put in by an Indian" is just insensitive?
      ... and accurate as well.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

So you would be happy if any of us punched you then.

When are you next attending a CUK meet up?

I have a vision from the airplane film of the people lining up to sort out the hysterical girl....
        You like to intimidate people and you do not like strong women. What does that say about you?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

he meant cowboy
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            He probably has had more interaction and experience of different cultures than any of us here. I think you're confusing racism and stupid jokes. Racism is a genuinely held view that people of a different race are inferior, not making jokes about "it's hard to see a black person in the dark".
            Ok, if you really believe that, can you go into your client co office and tell a few "stupid jokes" let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              You like to intimidate people and you do not like strong women. What does that say about you?
              What makes you think I don't like strong women? I married 2 of them! I think that was the issue.

As for you, I judge people by how they treat their kids. You made a big mistake defending the McCanns and their right go leave their kids while they go off and unwind.

I think such people are scum and deserve to be intimidated.

Which puts me in a minority round here. Most people think you are scum andc deserve to be intimidated ecause you are a pimp and I don't agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                As the epitome of the humorless sanctimonious leftie that is the antithesis of Jeremy Clarkson you prove my point perfectly
                And Clarkson's not sanctimonious Personally I find him okay, sometimes a bit too much but still, he's pretty much representative of middle England. The program is light entertainment which means you don't need to think which is why it probably appeals to people who have the mindset of a call center worker
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Most people think you are scum andc deserve to be intimidated ecause you are a pimp and I don't agree with that.
                  Sorry to disagree with you but I happen to agree with that assertion
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    And Clarkson's not sanctimonious Personally I find him okay, sometimes a bit too much but still, he's pretty much representative of middle England. The program is light entertainment which means you don't need to think which is why it probably appeals to people who have the mindset of a call center worker
                    Give us some examples of him being sanctimonious then.

interestingly he would probably make jokes about people who work in call centers and then be happy to laugh and joke with them on an equal level. People like you on the other hand are so up yourself that call centre people are there to be looked down upon. There mus be an awfully large number of call centre workers

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      And then the first commoner started shagging a ginger army officer and look what happened.
                      Lots of wrong info there and a bit of googling what clearly update your Royal knowledge.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X