• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tony,

The 30 days payment terms aren't unusual. They're standard if you're going direct, so I guess the agent isn't getting paid much more often either. I mentioned this on another thread.

Personally I would have gone for weekly invoicing though. Credit cards (especially zero percent ones as someone has already said) will delay the day of reckoning. I wouldn't bank on the agent paying on time though - maybe more like 40-45 days if you include processing and clearing, especially if they only do one payment run a week. You could always ask the bank for an arrangment on your business account, especially as you have already got a contract and presumably some invoices as evidence of future income.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Ditch the contract and go and get a proper job in the Public Sector !

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        the trouble with Pondlife is they seem to spend most of their time occupying stagnent water !
        Stagnant

FFS

Comment

Exactly !

Comment

At least you wrote "tide you over" instead of "tie you over". Which was nice.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Sorted

Just spoke to the agent. I'm going to bill at the end of the week, to be paid next week, and from then on monthly with a 7 day payment. Eventually it will revert to their 28 days, but not for a couple of months.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X