• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood bath in the city

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    This is why I love being a contractor, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.
    lol

Yes Mr Unix.
    That's exactly what I am doing.
    I have just come out of the public sector after 4 years and now playing about the the cool newish stuff.

Follow the budget

Bristol is surprisingly for Linux techy roles however having said that, my next role is in Southampton.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I must admit I thought this saga was over and things in finance were looking better, well apart from the Lloyds yet another 10% cut. Looks like RBS is exiting investment banking completely.

RBS to slash 14,000 investment banking jobs: FT 03.03.2015 | Nachricht | finanzen.net
      These job losses are offset by 14,000 Romanians arriving everyday boosting the UK economy....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What's the origin of the word bloodbath?
        Agamemnon?

Comment

So you couldn't find it either then? :-)
          You must be bad at googling

bloodbath - Wiktionary

search bloodbath etymology and it was the first result, let me know if you need to know what etymology means
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            You must be bad at googling

bloodbath - Wiktionary

search bloodbath etymology and it was the first result, let me know if you need to know what etymology means
            It's not a good definition is it.

"Coined in 1867. Compound of blood and bath, the latter used to refer in the metaphorical sense to a deluge of a thing."

How about Dickhead.

"Coined in 2015 by Marillionfan a Poster of great regard on CUK an Internet forum of onanists & MF. Compound of Dick and head, used to refer to a poster called SimonMac offering no value whatsoever."
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's not a good definition is it.

"Coined in 1867. Compound of blood and bath, the latter used to refer in the metaphorical sense to a deluge of a thing."

How about Dickhead.

"Coined in 2015 by Marillionfan a Poster of great regard on CUK. Compound of Dick and head, used to refer to a poster called SimonMac offering no value whatsoever."
              Change it to "a Walter Mitty-esque poster of over inflated self worth" and I'll accept it

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                This is why I love being a disguised permie, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.
                FTFY for accuracy.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Change it to "a Walter Mitty-esque poster of over inflated self worth" and I'll accept it

Comment

TL;DR

Comment

TL;DR
                      Ah. Got it.

Easier?

Comment

Working...
                      X