• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sea food Choudry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
      He's dead already. Even the Muslims agree on this point.
      You willing to bet your neck on that?

Mailman

Comment

Go on . . . . NO!

Go on! . . . . Mustn't.

You know you want to . . . . Oh, alright then, just a quick one . . . .

infidel

I'll get me coat.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

According to Muslim theology, the footprint was left on Muhammad's Night Journey from Mecca to Jerusalem. He ascended to heaven on a winged horse Buraq to get his instructions from Allah and then came back to Earth.

Remember that Jews, Muslims and Christians are followers of branches of the same basic faith. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah, whereas the Christians think it was Jesus and the Muslims (who also recognise Jesus as a prophet) believe that Muhammad was the last prophet.

I reckon what will happen next is that the Zionists will blow up the ancient Temple Mount to clear the way for a third Temple in line with their apocalyptic ramblings. Idiots.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

He ascended to heaven on a winged horse Buraq to get his instructions from Allah and then came back to Earth.
            Was he allowed carry-on baggage?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

A quill, ink and some paper apparently.

Comment

According to Muslim theology, the footprint was left on Muhammad's Night Journey from Mecca to Jerusalem. He ascended to heaven on a winged horse Buraq to get his instructions from Allah and then came back to Earth.

Remember that Jews, Muslims and Christians are followers of branches of the same basic faith. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah, whereas the Christians think it was Jesus and the Muslims (who also recognise Jesus as a prophet) believe that Muhammad was the last prophet.

I reckon what will happen next is that the Zionists will blow up the ancient Temple Mount to clear the way for a third Temple in line with their apocalyptic ramblings. Idiots.
                I thought Islam is based on some strange prehistoric moon god named Allah.

"The pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone; killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc.

The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles is refuted by solid, overwhelming archeological evidence. Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god. As such, it is sheer idolatry and must be rejected by all those who follow the Torah and Gospel. "

I should be beheaded.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Yes and no. I don't know much about it, but it appears to be an offshoot of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism and Christianity) but merged with existing tribal religions of the Middle East whose main god was the moon god you mentioned. This was chosen as the one god as per Abrahamic tradition. Much as the Christian religion took on some of the local flavour when it came to Britain. You could probably produce a big binary tree of the various offshoot religions and sects that came about. The Muslims, for example have already split into Shi-ah and Sunni, Jews have various sects, whereas Christians have split into Prots and RC's and many others. The sects fight each other as readily as they fight the main branches. The main difference with the Muslims is that they developed a social/legalistic aspect very early on and kept to it, which is why they want to enforce what is actually very ancient religious law stemming from Judaism I believe.

Comment

The main difference with the Muslims is that they developed a social/legalistic aspect very early on and kept to it, which is why they...
                    I thought the main difference was an ancient affliction Muslims suffer where they spontaneously detonate on public transport or in market places or when surrounded by kids?

Mailman

Comment

I blame the Chinese, if they hadn't invented blasting powder.....

Comment

Working...
                      X