• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds - happy 2 week holiday everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's everyone - no escape

So that's now 30+ days in total enforced lloyds time off (if you can't escape Xmas) for contractors

Effectively another 10%+ cut in income

Comment

This is nothing.

Ive been contacted by two agents today at the same agency regarding a manager role at a well known bank for rate cuts. First agent said rate was £450pd. OK put me in for that, despite my reservations.

About 30 minutes ago, the second agent from the same agency phones, says they have a great job, offering £300 a day, proceeds to give me all the info.

I said Ive been contacted already about this. Who by, they said. Another agent at your place and the rate discussed was £450pd!

Oh, says second agent, think there's been a mistake, max rate is only £300pd. Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Do these tits never learn?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

So that's now 30+ days in total enforced lloyds time off (if you can't escape Xmas) for contractors

all I can say to that is LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

That never ever happened when I've been there. Especially the Christmas one which would be cancelled (and changed to compulsory 'no time off' for some LOL) due to some IT delivery shambles or another.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Is anyone at Red Lion Court? I currently pass it daily into Cannon St station and it always looks a tad deserted

Spent an awful chunk of contracting life there - v.fond memories
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Xmas thing I guess is pretty common.

Forcing two weeks that they decided in summer is not on IMHO. Fair enough tell contractors they have to take two weeks off sometime but buggered if I'd let them allocate it.

I worked for client once who was similar. They got a bit off if you didnt take holidays. I guess they're budget was based on so many weeks per year for contractors and they didnt like breadhead contractors who didnt take holidays.

Didnt bother me - never been one to not take holidays anyway. Work to live and all that. Just would piss me off if they said you're off these two weeks .....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Don't contractors who accept rate cuts for no reason, and other bad treatment, simply enable bad behaviour by the client ?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Don't contractors who accept rate cuts for no reason, and other bad treatment, simply enable bad behaviour by the client ?
                  To some people 90% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

I guess it goes on your skillset, warchest and how confident you are that you can find another gig.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Very true. But they don't do other themselves or other contractors any favours by entertaining stunts like sudden rate cuts. Ultimately it is bad for the banks too, because contractors will just front load their rates, leading to more expense, not less. It is a poor way to do business because it just damages the trust all parties. For a short term, perceived saving. Now where have we heard that before...

Actually quite surprising that contract wording allow this.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                      Very true. But they don't do other themselves or other contractors any favours by entertaining stunts like sudden rate cuts. Ultimately it is bad for the banks too, because contractors will just front load their rates, leading to more expense, not less. It is a poor way to do business because it just damages the trust all parties. For a short term, perceived saving. Now where have we heard that before...

Actually quite surprising that contract wording allow this.
                      The contract won't have any mention of a rate cut. In this instance, Lloyds will offer a 10% reduction on the rate at the next extension. In other instances, the banks will give you notice to terminate but an offer of a new contract with a 10% reduction in rate.

In both cases it means take it or leave it.

Comment

Working...
                      X