• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you talk on your mobile?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

These people were all middle aged rather than it being a youth thing

How did mudskipper miss this?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Must have been on autopilot

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Hangover obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Too hard to choose.

Also those middle aged men who still have their mobiles attached to their belts in a little holder thingy
          I used to laugh at the bankers with a shoulder holster. The phone would ring and they would whip it out like a .45 Magnum

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
            I used to laugh at the bankers with a shoulder holster. The phone would ring and they would whip it out like a .45 Magnum

You just KNOW that there's a pony tail on the back of his noggin

Comment

I've just remembered something obnoxiously passive aggressive that I did a couple of months back (I'm not so proud now).

On a crowded train on the way home after a hard day's warchest strengthening, some jumped up little snot sat next to me fires up his iphone 6+ on speaker to talk to one of his chums at great volume about how he's "Smashed it today and some poor prick is gonna feel the full force of my awe at 5-a-side tonight etc etc" he went on to talk about his (unfortunate) girlfriend, what he had for lunch, how his fantasy football team are doing and no end of other inane drivel.

Meanwhile, I had been trying to read my book, which up until he started I had been rather enjoying. So, matching him (if not beating him) for volume I started reading my book aloud as if enunciating to a packed theatre.

I got one or two wry smiles from fellow passengers who 'got it' and after around a paragraph managed to get a silenced look of "WTF?" from our mate with the phone.

At the time I felt like a god - looking back I was pretty smug and lucky to not attract a punch at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                It's to stop the radiation giving them a brain tumour.
                Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                ^^this
                ditto
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                  I've just remembered something obnoxiously passive aggressive that I did a couple of months back (I'm not so proud now).

On a crowded train on the way home after a hard day's warchest strengthening, some jumped up little snot sat next to me fires up his iphone 6+ on speaker to talk to one of his chums at great volume about how he's "Smashed it today and some poor prick is gonna feel the full force of my awe at 5-a-side tonight etc etc" he went on to talk about his (unfortunate) girlfriend, what he had for lunch, how his fantasy football team are doing and no end of other inane drivel.

Meanwhile, I had been trying to read my book, which up until he started I had been rather enjoying. So, matching him (if not beating him) for volume I started reading my book aloud as if enunciating to a packed theatre.

I got one or two wry smiles from fellow passengers who 'got it' and after around a paragraph managed to get a silenced look of "WTF?" from our mate with the phone.

At the time I felt like a god - looking back I was pretty smug and lucky to not attract a punch at least.
                  At least that would have given you an excuse to stick his iphone 6 up his ar$e

Comment

Working...
                  X