• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To sell or not to sell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Strangely enough I asked the estate agent about the market in Reigate on Monday, as we're umming and arghing on selling two properties we have, or keeping them another year.

He reckons for our properties (~£300k), he said the market is more active than it has been for a long time, with people bidding £5-10k less than asking. Houses are starting to shift, and he thinks it will get slightly better in Summer. People are looking at houses and offering for the right ones. He said prices were about the same now, as they were in 2010.

We're going to hold on for one more year, we have long term tenants in them, comfortably paying off the small mortage and rents are fairly high (£1100 for one, £1200 for the other).
    Whatever Walter.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Whatever Walter.
      Well, I am flattered.

Wrong, as always, but flattered you are trying to throw that line around, given its irony...

0/10

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Obviously not.

Of course I know, it was a rhetorical question.

The chances are that in 2005 you had a different view on what you thought was going to happen.

Did you foresee your current circumstances? On reflection was there even an inkling of your divorce/separation looming?

Comment

Strangely enough I asked the estate agent about the market in Reigate on Monday, as we're umming and arghing on selling two properties we have, or keeping them another year.

He reckons for our properties (~£300k), he said the market is more active than it has been for a long time, with people bidding £5-10k less than asking. Houses are starting to shift, and he thinks it will get slightly better in Summer. People are looking at houses and offering for the right ones. He said prices were about the same now, as they were in 2010.

We're going to hold on for one more year, we have long term tenants in them, comfortably paying off the small mortage and rents are fairly high (£1100 for one, £1200 for the other).
          Who gives a sh!t?

Seriously, when the same old crowd publish crap like the above, are any of you really interested?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Who gives a sh!t?

Seriously, when the same old crowd publish crap like the above, are any of you really interested?
            Ah, the permie posting on a contractors site again.

Why don't you do us all a favour, and fook off.

That was rhetorical too

Comment

Ah, the permie posting on a contractors site again.

Why don't you do us all a favour, and fook off.

That was rhetorical too
              I'm waiting around to see if anyone is impressed by your posturing and bullsh!t.

Comment

I'm waiting around to see if anyone is impressed by your posturing and bullsh!t.
                I'm impressed he manages to do it consistently each day.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You'll probably have to wait a lot longer if you think I give a tulip what you think.

Sad

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I'm impressed he manages to do it consistently each day.
                    AH, the irony, so rich. Yanks don't get that, so you don't surprise me.

Comment

You'll probably have to wait a lot longer if you think I give a tulip what you think.

Sad
                      I don't have to wait very long at all, after every post you just can't resist chipping in.

Comment

Working...
                      X