• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To sell or not to sell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valued at £150-160K by various estate agents, went on at £152K, accepted offers at £144, then £142, then £137. I reckon 10% down from the peak if you actually want to sell. Higher priced stuff ( more clued up buyers !? ) in the area ( Lancs ) slowed earlier and I think you'd have to drop more to sell them.

Comment

inflation

> In 25 years time it will be worth £500K.

Fecks sake dude, if you factor in inflation then increase in value ain't that sexy.

If I was in Dim's position I'd sell, particularly because taxation is not bad when it comes to capital gains in main property.

Comment

Re: inflation

Fecks sake dude, if you factor in inflation then increase in value ain't that sexy
        But it will have generated 25 years worth of rental income as well.

Comment

income

> But it will have generated 25 years worth of rental income as well.

Just like money in the bank can generate interest. If you take money out and put into offshore bank account then you can safely make as much if not more interest than you would make from rental. You won't have to deal with pesky tenants like me prepared to go to court on principle too. :rolleyes

Comment

Re: income

"Worth about £230K in today's downward market.",

rotflmfao

that's not a house, that's a link detached mock tudor rabbit hutch !

lol !

Milan.

Comment

House market

Take heart - even if you sell for 199K, I'm sure thet you have made a healthy profit!
              The property market eh? you just can't beat it for making easy money!

Comment

Sorry Milan? Just what state is your property portfolio in at this moment in time?

A psuedo mock virtual pile in CZ?
                (avec/sans piscine?)

Comment

£230K in Swindon is a lot of money mate.

Comment

Spod,

you'll be pleased to know my property situation is very healthy but unlike others here I don't go shouting about it

Milan.

Comment

you'll be pleased to know my property situation is very healthy but unlike others here I don't go shouting about it
                      MB, I'm very happy for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X