• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well I think I have just experienced the best Barolo ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    True, but it's hardly a mystery that the Turbowoowoo ID is yet another sockie so MF's comment was hardly an escalation.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
      Well sir I beg to differ as these were actually from BBR. in fact the 2009 and 2010 are slightly more expensive.
      Again I repeat, robbed dearie! 2008 is £246 a case according to BBR, you may want a word with your wine broker

Sir????

Some of the earlier vintages might be more expensive but that isn't always the case. but in reference to your above statement DUH!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Again I repeat, robbed dearie! 2008 is £246 a case according to BBR, you may want a word with your wine broker

Sir????

Some of the earlier vintages might be more expensive but that isn't always the case. but in reference to your above statement DUH!
        I need a link to that BBR page, I can't see the 2008 for that kind of money.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
          Well sir I beg to differ as these were actually from BBR. in fact the 2009 and 2010 are slightly more expensive.
          Buy 2008 Barolo Villero, Brovia | FINE+RARE
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sir????

Sir, if you are going to argue with me about wine then please please get it right, I do so hate people who think they understand, yet fail at the first hurdle

2009 Barolo Villero, Castiglione Falletto, Giuseppe Mascarello £68

2010 Barolo, Villero, Castiglione Falletto, Giuseppe Mascarello £79.95

Currently they are out of stock for the 2008 and have been for quite sometime due to its popularity.

Now sir, please return with your link to said wine for £40 a bottle as I would like to purchase some.

Comment

Not the same wine by a long shot I am afraid. nice try

Comment

Go Sir Norrahe

Oh wait ...

Yeah, ready!

Comment

I'll stick with a good local white wine, possibly an Auerbacher Rott: Auerbacher Rott | Bergsträsser Winzer eG at only €4,95 a litre (you can't get stuff this good anywhere else )

Personally I can't stand red wine except for cooking
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sir????

And one other thing.

This wine (which you think you have identified (incorrectly I might add)) Berry Brothers only received 300 bottles from the producer, and to think they would still be knocking it out at that price is, pretty damn silly...

Comment

They're available here, €69 for the 2009 and €85 for the 2010...Giuseppe Mascarello - Piemont - Italien - Lobenbergs Gute Weine
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X